Sponsored Rigs

BillKaneEMT

Thats pretty cool. Not going to lie. I can see that being used for standby's at Octoberfest. :rofl:

Doubt it. This was sent to me by a friend who found it on the facebook page of some ambulance crew on the east coast. Dunno where they found it.

Just accessed the on-line address shown on the vehicle pictured, and it is out of Fairfax, California. Why does that it's from California not surprise me? While the link doesn't address the issue of if the red forward facing lights the vehicle is equipped with, and no mention of a siren (they do say it still has some of the radios), they are describing it as a "Green" vehicle, as it is equipped to run on recycled vegetable oil from the sponsoring bar.

They deliver beer in it, and have it in parades. They call it an "Am-Brew-Lance"!

Then, some New York Giants football fans have a converted type 3, decked out for tailgate parties, with Giants emblems all over it, but the forward facing reds and the siren are connected, and in use to celebrate Giants wins, like the Super Bowl. Check the "Fanbulance" out at http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012301310047, and tell me if you are as upset with the concept as I am, that a former ambulance is still gigged out to be mistaken for an active Emergency vehicle?

OK, I just sent the following to that company.

To whom it may concern:

I found a picture of your "Am-Brew-Lance" as focal point of a discussion on an Emergency Medical Services web site, of which I am an active member. I have a few questions about this vehicle.

This vehicle appears to still have the forward facing flashers and light-bar in place. Are they still able to be activated?

One of the men speaking about the vehicle in your video states that the radios are still in place. Are these set to any active Emergency Service(s) frequencies, or have they been disabled?

In the video, I didn't see a siren. Is there still one on board, and has IT been deactivated?

At a distance, I feel the beer stein in the blue star design might be mistaken for the "Star Of Life", an emblem used throughout the US, and many other countries, on ambulances, and the uniforms of those who work as their crews. Per the attached article, I understand your design was inspired by the Emergency Medical Services Star Of Life, but it is way too close to that design.

I ask about this, as I was recently made aware of another former ambulance being used as a mobile Football Tail Gate Party central, which has both the lights and siren functional, they call the "Giants Fanbulance". I have posted protest to the fact that the lights and siren are now being used for other than actual emergencies (see article and video at http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012301310047).

FYI, I am going to post this on "my" web site (EMTCity.com), and intend to publish your response, or lack of same, therat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.