being on EMS

rescue123

I am thinking of be on my local rescue dept I am on my local fire dept

as well I would like to now how much in tails in this before I get going

I am in lovell Maine and how bad can some of the calls get would I need strong insides to be a EMT or paramedic I am on the fire dept and I seen fatal MVA and what not but I Have not been right beside the people taking care of their has been a few times hear and their

I would like to what I am getting my self into

I love public safety does but does it have limits or not

Email back and tell me what you think.

First of all - you really need to take care of your sentence strucutre, grammar and most importantly: some punctuation would be nice.

I`m really not fanatic about spelling, but if you present yourself in such a way around here, you can`t expect to be taken seriously.

To the question: Ask at your local station wether you`d be able to do some third-rides before joining in earnest, that should give you the overview you`re looking for.

Otherwise, just scroll a bit through the forum, there are lots of topics about this.

I hope this points into the general direction you were aiming for with your question - but honestly, I can`t be sure since it`s hard to read anything reasonable out of that mass of seemingly randomly added up words.

Edited by Vorenus
  • Like 1

Hey R123, is English your first language?

I'm truly not taking shots at you Brother, but if it is, you need to try harder, but if it's not, then WE need to try harder, which we're happy to do. See?

Dwayne

You should definitely become an EMT. Immediately. Don't wait. Someone could be depending on you to save their life. You'll be doing a lot of that. You'll save lives every day. Nobody ever dies. Nothing bad ever happens. You can be everyone's hero, and everyone loves EMS so much. The press, etc; they will always be on your side. So, yes, in closing. I think you should become an EMT NOW, then as soon as possible, become a paramedic. I told you exactly what I thought you wanted to hear. But I suggest you ride along, so you know what its really about, before you make any decisions.

You can start right now, practice writing a tripsheet. You can write anything you want. Just, before you write it, think about each word. Think carefully, then put it down. Making sentences, paragraphs, etc. Simple, yet effective sentences that describe well enough that someone who didn't see it, can visualize what you're writing about.

The cat is black, with green eyes. The cat is lying on the bed, right lateral recumbent. The cat has a red ball. Etc. :)

• Like 1

Why are you starting multiple threads? Come back to this one and answer the nice man who asked if English is your first language.... let's start there...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Why are you starting multiple threads? Come back to this one and answer the nice man who asked if English is your first language.... let's start there...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Now I understand what you mean about starting multiple threads lol. I just read the other one he started. I'm thinking he could be trolling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.