Guess Who Made Captain

uglyEMT

Hey folks. Sorry been away awhile. Been super busy.

Well as the title states I am now officially the Captain of my squad. Been a wild couple of days getting used to the position. Hopefully I will have more time to come back and talk more.

Just a quick question how many Medivacs at once have you ever done? Had 3 at one scene followed by a 4th later that day and then the following morning... wild 24hr period.

Be back soon folks...

Congrats Captain!

Wait...who are you again?

It seems I remember someone with an Ugly screen name....trying....to....remember!

Nope....got nothing....

Dwayne

Good on you Brother...You just come back to brag, or you ready to get back to work??

Hey folks. Sorry been away awhile. Been super busy.

Well as the title states I am now officially the Captain of my squad. Been a wild couple of days getting used to the position. Hopefully I will have more time to come back and talk more.

Just a quick question how many Medivacs at once have you ever done? Had 3 at one scene followed by a 4th later that day and then the following morning... wild 24hr period.

Be back soon folks...

Flew 5 from one scene one night. ONly had two ambulances and 7 patients. 5 critical and 2 serious.

I was on the second aircraft of four for one scene. I've also done several one aircraft of three scene flights. There have been many first or second of two scene flights. I've even done a couple of return flights to the same scene for the same incident.

Congrats on your promotion. Good luck with it.

Congrats. I did too. I guess that'll depend on if I ever show up again, though. Long story.

Yanno how noobs are always asking about the "worst thing you've ever seen". The worst thing I've ever seen, we flew seven of the ten patients involved in a wreck an icy morning about ten years ago. Black ice. One of those calls, where just one of the vehicles would have been considered an MCI (a number of patients with injuries serious enough to overwhelm the initially responding crew). However it was four vehicles, two just incidental, they clipped the two cars that hit head-on. A long a busy, rural road, in a narrow valley. Every open field for three miles, had a landing zone. Had three ambulances on site, two paramedics; and a lot of people with very serious fractures, internal injuries and horrifying external blood loss. We used six choppers from PA; and one from New Jersey. The extent of injuries, and the fact that the neartest trauma center was 73mi, lead to ALS making the decision to fly all of them. Then three patients refused transport.

Edited by 2c4

Thanks everyone. Yea sorry for not being around much. Between work and taking the Captains test I had little time.

Dwayne. Yea man can't wait to be back here and contributing. Even went and got a smart phone so I can post up when I can. Heard you were in Mongolia and visiting OZ. Nothing that exciting here except the promotion. Hope all is well with you and the family.

As far as the medical goes. Wow! Didn't realize so many have done multiples like that. It was my first multiple fly outs. Done plenty of singles just never 3 at once and 5 in a 24 hour period.

2c4 congrats on the promotion as well.