Suffocation by sitting. The dangers of air travel.

DFIB

Okay so really surpised at the names Lardo and Tubbo comming out of this group :( We know that obesity is a growing issue in our society but there are those that are truely obese from medical reasons and how do we know he is not one of them?

As for the Airline they probably didnt know he was 400 lbs when he bought the ticket but it should have been addressed when he checked in and then charged for the extra seat. Since this plane was already full and he as the late boarder they should have turned him away for that flight and rescheduled him on the next with 2 available seats. Pretty simple if you ask me.

If that was me I would have put up a polite stink before take off and the airline since they made his flight horrid should be offering a hole lot more than a 200 doller voucher.

Lardo and Tubbo is not representative of the group, only the individual poster.

By the sounds of the story, the obese man knew it was going to be uncomfortable for anyone sitting beside him. I do feel somewhat bad for him (yes, I do have feelings) however it is quite likely a situation he created for himself.

Should the airline have only charged and reserved for him one seat? Hell no. He should pay for the space he's using. He's the size of two regular people, so should pay for two seats.

How did the coffee carts even make it past this guy? Yeesh ...

Still rude concidering the orginal poster was the skinny guy standing

I have no idea what this comment means, none. I am the OP and try not to use term like Lardo or Tubbo when referring to people even when they are disgustingly fat.

What makes you think I am skinney?

Edited by DFIB

Okay so really surpised at the names Lardo and Tubbo comming out of this group :( We know that obesity is a growing issue in our society but there are those that are truely obese from medical reasons and how do we know he is not one of them?

I am not insensitive or nothing and I agree with you.

It's like my Consultant Physician friend says -- I am so bloody sick of people blaming being tubbo on glandular problem or having big bones, if there are so many people with medical causes for being obese how come there were no fat people at Auschwitz?

And before you start getting all bent out of shape my Nana was in bloody Auschwitz (and she wasn't fat!)

Edited by kiwimedic

I have no idea what this comment means, none. I am the OP and try not to use term like Lardo or Tubbo when referring to people even when they are disgustingly fat.

What makes you think I am skinney?

I thought you were refering the skinny guy that had to stand for the flight as the OP ......

I am not insensitive or nothing and I agree with you.

It's like my Consultant Physician friend says -- I am so bloody sick of people blaming being tubbo on glandular problem or having big bones, if there are so many people with medical causes for being obese how come there were no fat people at Auschwitz?

And before you start getting all bent out of shape my Nana was in bloody Auschwitz (and she wasn't fat!)

Well I dont think they were fed

Did the article really state he hadn`t bought one? Maybe there was some kind of mistake.

Point is, the airline personell shouldn`t have let this scenario come true.

Wiwi, an interesting point actually. Nobody ate there, but in all the death camp footage I've seen I've never seen a big-boned jew.

People who eat too many twinkies don't want to blame themselves for eating too many twinkies. If you have an overweight or oversized bag, you are required to pay extra for your bag to be in the baggage compartment. Why shouldn't an oversized person have to pay more when sitting in the passenger compartment?

I was searching for a story I thought I heard once regarding a discrimination lawsuit started by an overweight person on a flight who was told they would need to purchase a second seat. Can't seem to find it anywhere so not sure if I heard correctly. I can certainly see something like that coming to fruition if one who eats too many twinkies wants to blame their fatness on mental trauma, instead of that they just have really shitty eating habits ...

Here is a related link, there are several out there so I wasn't going to post them all ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8471451.stm

• Like 1