Possessed Radio Wierdness

uglyEMT

OK I know we have all probably heard, seen, come across the billboards and stuff relating to this. I hold no opinion on the subject, to each his or her own. But I have something that is funny as hell about it. At first I didn't notice it but last night it was just smack me in my face obvious so I figured I would share a laugh with you all.

On my regular route to and from home (which is also the route to and from the ED) there is one of those billboards. Well for the past few days as I have passed it in my POV the radio station I listen to has REM End Of The World playing. Now like I stated earlier I figured it was coincidence, frequency of play, timing, ect that it happened. No big deal, always put a smile in my commute.

Well what changed? Well last night was my regular shift on the rig. We have been kind of slow so I figured it would be my normal routine (even though I goated it on by posting bring it on). First page came a few minutes into the shift, MVA, on my way to the rig my radio had World of Human Wreckage on. On my way home from the call radio had on Help Is On The Way. OK No big deal, usual playlists wierd timing. Next call goes out difficulty breathing, Wanted Dead or Alive. On the way to the hospital no radios on in the rig but here is where it gets wierd and slapped me. On our way back we turn on the radio to stay alert and its a totally different station then I listen to, partener picked it, pass that billboard and bam REM is on. My partner makes the comment that isnt it funny that came on passing that sign.

:wacko:

I know its all coincidence and everything but I think its funny that both my radio and my rigs radio played that song passing that sign. Also add to it my radio in my POV on the way to calls seemed to add a sound track like a movie to my day. BTW after the last call of the night on my way home to sleep before my day job... Until It Sleeps :ph34r:

Anyone else have a possessed radio that seems to add the sound track? No not iPods or iPod connected radios just straight up off the dial? :iiam:

Edited by UGLyEMT

Nearest I have to that is, I listen to a station that concentrates on 1950s thru 1990s Rock and Roll/Pop/Doo-Wop (WCBS-FM, 101.1), and, on a few occasions, when starting to drive to work, they played "I'll Be Ready (theme from Baywatch)", the Beatles' "Help", Carol King (I think) "Help Me", Elvis Presley's "Feel My Temperature Rising", or numerous artist's renditions of "(You Give Me) Fever".

At least 2 times, after unsuccessful CPR runs, the ambulance AM/FM radio played Queen's "Another One bites The Dust".

Nearest I have to that is, I listen to a station that concentrates on 1950s thru 1990s Rock and Roll/Pop/Doo-Wop (WCBS-FM, 101.1), and, on a few occasions, when starting to drive to work, they played "I'll Be Ready (theme from Baywatch)", the Beatles' "Help", Carol King (I think) "Help Me", Elvis Presley's "Feel My Temperature Rising", or numerous artist's renditions of "(You Give Me) Fever".

At least 2 times, after unsuccessful CPR runs, the ambulance AM/FM radio played Queen's "Another One bites The Dust".

I love 101.1 comes in fuzzy way up by me but when I am in Newark I listen to it regularly :thumbsup:

Baywatch Theme is always good to hear to calls, kind of sikes you up.

It does seem wierd though LOL

BTW CDC just released their Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide :wtf::bonk::gun:

Edited by UGLyEMT

How about being a part of a large incident, multiple agency and discipline response, and the AM/FM starts playing Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"?

Haven't had the pleasure of an MCI yet, if at a MVA and Rescue is chomping away they usually have Rescue Me theme song playing on their iPod (bunch of wackers if you ask me).

As for Ride of The Valkyries... it was My Wife and I's wedding party enterance song at our wedding reception due to the size of the wedding party (16 plus us) :thumbsup: We walked in to 2001: A Space Odessy :whistle: Can tell we had a fun reception :devilish:

Edited by UGLyEMT

How about being a part of a large incident, multiple agency and discipline response, and the AM/FM starts playing Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"?

Actually, I constantly whistled the tune of "Convoy" when rolling to help in the big flood of Dresden 2002. The whole Autobahn full of blue lights flashing from up to the horizon in sunrise was the perfect fitting scene (more than 1500 staff in around 500 vehicles from state of Bavaria responding in the first few hours). My driver didn't like it, though (8hrs to go). :rolleyes2:

Not the same thing but sort of ....................... For two years 1998-1999, a few times per month, I would look at a clock and see that it was 9:11. It was freaky that something drew my eyes to a clock at 9:11. Got kind of freaky the more it happened, I was sure I was going to be shot or be in an accident at 9:11, but in 2001 I figured it out.

Minus the AM/FM radio, what about noting the time, while responding to another ambulance in a crash, at 10:13, as a signal 10-13 means "Officer needs HELP!" in FD, EMS, and PD nomenclature in NYC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.