Breast feeding doll

HERBIE1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an issue.

The American society is so hung up on so many residual Puritanical beliefs it is amazing that we are able to look down upon other societies in such a hypocritical way. Breast feeding is natural and I do support and encourage women to do more of it. I understand I do not have to go through the changes and the soreness and whatever other difficulties which come with the act, but I do support those who choose to do so.

Go to any other country and no one will give a second glance if a woman exposes her breast to feed her child. Some are so skilled you might never even realize they are feeding. Encouraging children to role play is no big deal and in my opinion it would help reduce the stigma associated with breast feeding. It just might even encourage some of those future mommies to do the same when they have real babies.

In short, we really need to get over ourselves.

In total agreement with your last sentence AK, I saw an ad the other day with a fortune 500 companies CEO who's female, putting pink nail polish on her sons toes. The people who disagreed with this said that it was setting up gender identity issues for the child. Others said it was going ot make the kid gay. Still others said it was not a issue.

There are bigger things to worry bout than this stuff.

Don't we have a multi trillion dollar deficit, don't we have a budget for 2012 that hasn't been passed.

Don't we have a death certificate to search for now that Obama's birth certificate has been found?

I mean we have lots of more pressing issues to be looked at rather than get hung up on these types of things.

If you dont' like something, don't buy it or support it.

But seriously, I worked at a hospital that did an emergent delivery of a 9 year old who was in labor. I don't think it's too early to teach this stuff. I worked at another hospital where a 10 year old was treated for a miscarriage.

Edited by Ruffems

I worked at a hospital that did an emergent delivery of a 9 year old who was in labor. I don't think it's too early to teach this stuff. I worked at another hospital where a 10 year old was treated for a miscarriage.

I don't doubt that she successfully delivered. Seen that ore than once. But, I'd sure like to know if she was physiologically able to breastfeed.

But I have to agree that this nation is way too hung up on this kind of thing, and needs to get on-board with at least the 19th century, if not the 21st.

I blame the Muslims.

Damn it!

I'd hoped that this was going to be a story about a giant doll with awesome boobs that I could drink tequila out of...

Agreed with those above. C'mon man...it's breast feeding! I like that one woman says, "Uh uh! No way, way to sexual!" Sexual? As ak says...American is so completely screwed up sexually...I mean, not me...if everyone was like me then we'd be fine..but those other freaks..like you....Just sayin..

What are they afraid of? That baby girls are going to choose to become preggers so that they can breast feed? It's ok to feed with a bottle, but not to choose to emulate making the best possible choice for your future child?

Good God...

But, then again.....double-parenting-fail-pregnant-girls.jpg

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP

I think it's a great idea. However, just to be fair and balanced, I want someone to develop a Mammogram Barbie, a Prostate Perry doll, a Condom Carl, and a Gyne exam Gertrude.

It;'s never too early to start teaching these things.

I think it's a great idea. However, just to be fair and balanced, I want someone to develop a Mammogram Barbie, a Prostate Perry doll, a Condom Carl, and a Gyne exam Gertrude.

Ahhh....just as long as they never play with them in the library? :-)

Dwayne

Hmmm...adult exam versus adult exam versus safe sex practice versus adult exam unless extenuating circumstance compared to FEEDING a HUMAN LIFE with a titt/teat...you know that little nipple that every other animal on this planet sucks on with no undue embarrassment or sexual connotation.

Comparison Fail.

The only one I agree with is Condom Carl and that would be an age appropriate doll typically around 10 years of age when kids should get basic sex education experience/exposure.

The only one I agree with is Condom Carl and that would be an age appropriate doll typically around 10 years of age when kids should get basic sex education experience/exposure.

Unfortunately, as our country is becoming overpopulated with third world savages, who are much more reproductively active at a much earlier age, we're going to have to look at instituting such educational efforts at an even younger age. Not that I have much faith in their ability to be educated. We're dealing with piss poor protoplasm in that gene pool. But hey, we gotta make the effort if we're not prepared to deport them.

In total agreement with your last sentence AK, I saw an ad the other day with a fortune 500 companies CEO who's female, putting pink nail polish on her sons toes. The people who disagreed with this said that it was setting up gender identity issues for the child. Others said it was going ot make the kid gay. Still others said it was not a issue.

Oh noes! Pink nail polish! It can't nearly be as bad as the mom who let her son dress as Daphne from Scooby Doo.

The saddest part about the halloween and nail polish cases is that they reflect society's views about inanimate objects. Remember, Jesus wore a dress (well, ok, robes, but the issue remains that it wasn't pants or shorts) so does that make Jesus gay?