Uniform Pullovers

fakingpatience

Hello All

My work uniforms are starting to fall apart and look unprofessional, so I am looking at buying some new stuff out of pocket.

Any opinions on which pullover job shirts are best ? I currently have a Game brand one, and the fit was sloppy from the start, and the seems are starting to come apart.

I am looking at this one from Blauer

http://www.blauer.co...ce-Pullover/112

Large_112.jpg

Or this 5.11 one

72314_jobShirt.jpg

http://uniformxpress...4-zip-job-shirt

And

If you've used a job shirt pullover and liked/ didn't like it please write here so I can get some opinions before I decide which to buy

Thanks!

Edited by fakingpatience

I have had pretty good experience with the "Game" brand "Job Shirts", so I own a bunch of them. Some had to be retired from active service due to chlorine and peroxide burn stains, but I continue using them, as, in winter, those suckers are warm. Patches are removed.

As for summer shortsleeve pullover knit shirts, they have no pockets. I use pockets.

Doesn't your service provide uniforms?

Hello All

My work uniforms are starting to fall apart and look unprofessional, so I am looking at buying some new stuff out of pocket.

Any opinions on which pullover job shirts are best ? I currently have a Game brand one, and the fit was sloppy from the start, and the seems are starting to come apart.

I am looking at this one from Blauer

http://www.blauer.co...ce-Pullover/112

Large_112.jpg

Or this 5.11 one

72314_jobShirt.jpg

http://uniformxpress...4-zip-job-shirt

We've had Game, tristar[ think they went out of business] And most recently we have been buying Charles River jobshirts.

They hold up well and seem to last about three years before they start getting a little faded and looking well used.

The game shirts had problems with the cuffs fraying rather quickly and the seams weren't finished as well as others.

511 also makes a nice jobshirt but they were a little more money than the Charles River.

They're all horribly unprofessional looking, and I would never allow them.

Why not just wear thermal underwear or a jacket if you're cold?

If you're wearing body armour, as you probably should be, you usually won't have any problem staying warm.

I have to agree with Dust on this one, those things are hideous and there's nothing 'professional looking' about them. Even the shirts that appear to be 'button downs' with the hidden zipper look far better than those!

And if you're cold, try putting a jacket on, or wearing thermals under your uniform...

Body armor, as in so-called "Bullet-Proof Vests". As long as there are illegal Teflon "Cop-Killer" bullets available, nothing on the market is truely bullet proof.

I agree that they look sloppy and unprofessional, unfortunately that is what my uniform calls for. I was hoping to buy a better one then the one I was provided with so it could look a little better.

Richard: Yes, uniforms are provided, but only a minimal amount. I usually work 4-5 days a week and the uniforms I have are starting to get worn out. I also want to be lazy and not need to do laundry so often, hence the need for more uniforms. I'm thinking that maybe Game changed the design/ make of their job shirts because everyone at my work wears them out very quickly, the sleeves start falling apart and random holes appear in the material :(

I have seen a job shirt that is more of a fleece fabric which is more fitted (I am female) and looks better, I was hoping someone might know what brand that would be so I can get one.

They can be professional if everyone has them and done in the same way. But mostly, they do not. I see too often people wearing them and they are worn. Personally, I would not wear one on the job. Around the station, maybe I would. As for on the ambulance, it is a uniform shirt. Some people use polos but I think they also look unprofessional.

But, I have to contradict myself. In the winter I like to have something ON TOP on me instead of under my clothes. More often than not, I am over heated in the back of the ambulance. It is far easier to shed a pull over than it is to take off an undershirt. There have been times where it caused problems for me. But, still trying to find the cause of why.

Body armor, as in so-called "Bullet-Proof Vests". As long as there are illegal Teflon "Cop-Killer" bullets available, nothing on the market is truely bullet proof.

Yeah, I know, I'm just wondering if he's advocating all civil EMS providers wear body armor while on duty.