Mid-level Provider Minimize Symptom Syndrome

Kaisu

At least you recognized it. Many EMS providers can fall into the "Everything is BS" attitude.

My saying has always been since day one, "Its better to assume its something when its nothing than to assume its nothing when its something." Another one is, "Its better to have and not need than need and not have."

All the best...

Once again the city has come through for me with a lot of excellent feedback, suggestions and advice.

Change of scenery? - check. I have resigned from a new and struggling CCT program and going back to 911 full time.

Get a good partner? - check. See above

Get some education? - check. I have embarked on a degree program (part time) in an almost totally unrelated field; not because I plan on leaving EMS, which, God help me, I am cursed to love, but strictly for the love of learning.

The dreaded EMS Gods? - check. Ran what looked like a BS suicide attempt which turned in 5 minutes into a real life threat. I was the ONLY one to maintain a high index of suspicion and had all the balls in play when they were needed. (did wonders for my self confidence).

All of the above has turned me around and I owe it to you guys. The fact that I have reached mid-level provider in a short 3 years is due in large part to all you folks. You set me straight when I need it and I am so confident of your understanding and judgement that I feel no need to BS any of you.

Thank you

And as far as being smart for a chick, I am totally honored. I always wished my 38 triple D's were brains, but I will struggle with what I have in the upstairs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.