CANADIAN MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TEAMS Japan

tniuqs

Currently there is a 2 person team on the ground in Japan. Initially this team was in Tokyo, but has moved its base of operations to Nagoya. The move to Nagoya was for two reasons, first, the supply chain for procurement of needed items such as blankets, sanitary napkins, baby formula etc is much stronger in Nagoya then Tokyo at the moment, and Nagoya is currently further away from Fukishima which is the cause of potential nuclear issues at the moment.

We may expand operations into the affected areas to include the installation of Trekker water purification units and inflatable field clinics with local partners. This decision has not been finalized at this time. We may require 1-2 volunteers to deploy to Nagoya to assist with logistics in terms of the procurement of supplies and delivery to affected areas, as well as with the installation of Trekkers and inflatable filed clinics. Please note that no additional personnel will be deployed into Japan if GlobalMedic management feel it is unsafe.

Please consider this a new call out for volunteers to deploy under the following guidelines: 3 week deployment timeframe, deployment initially into Nagoya and possibly into affected areas in North East Japan depending upon risk factors.

one word globalmedics ..... BRAVO !

Will be digging a bit deeper now, some of my tax return is headed your way, will not kill me to have a couple meals of KD.

cheers and thanks for the heads up doc.

• 1 month later...

I would have applied to join the NYC Urban Search and Rescue, but I am attached to electricity for my CPAP, due to my sleep apnea. Kudos to those who have the health, strength, will, and training to do it, under whatever name their country calls the rescue teams.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.