Please give your comments.........

3Canz

Do you think the new warning system is doing more harm than good?  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Okay, the new warning system was implemented on this board only a few days ago...........I the past few days, I have seen only 3 people issued warnings and among those, 2 of those people are long time members of this board and are highly educated, diplomatic and passionate about what they believe in.

What is wrong with that?? I am a passionate person myself and sometimes we type without fully thinking through our comments. I have been guilty of this more than once either in the chat room or the discussion forums.

But come on! At the rate the 'passionate' people and top posters are going with this, they will have used up all their warnings by the end of the month and be banned. THE SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK! People will stop wanting to speak their minds on here for fear of racking up warnings and that isn't right. You can't tell people in EMS, who are already highly passionate people to keep their mouths shut especially with the nature of the topics we discuss. You know what-The topics being discussed on here deal with real life and the people who post here are doing one of the hardest jobs in the world and they see real life-as pretty as it can be-everyday. So, taking away the passionate people on this site who speak REAL and freely about topics is only going to turn this site into elementary school.

Here's my alternative solution: Take away the warning system and go back to self moderation. It worked just fine in the past and there were very few people who ever caused problems on this site.

You just wait. This thread will probably be deleted, but that just goes to show what happens when someone tries to speak their minds on here and actually spend several hours a day on here trying to make this place a better one.

The majority of people here are problem solving adults so it isn't in everyone's nature to whine to the bossman every time they have a problem. We wouldn't be very good at our jobs if "cry for help at the first sign of adversity" was the general EMS personality type.

Warnings will be used as a weapon? No... of course not. :wink:

Shhh CO... public kritik des admin ist verboten. It must be done in private so it can be more conveniently ignored. Standby for thread deletion...

"Thank you for your input." :roll:

Yes, this site has grown.. mainly from the input from longtime members and the development of the site. But, there are a lot of other EMS forums out there that would love to have the debates and information provided by these long time members. This would also add to their"hits" and increase "hits" on the advertisers as well.

Monitoring is a very good idea, and a lot of us active members definitely have tried to maintain dignity, and professionalism quorum, while also having fun and sparking hot topics. Let us not loose active members as well having a reputation of a "closed forum" reputation.

Respectively,

Ridryder 911

You can express yourself without having to be offensive. I think the warning system is long overdue. Just because you are a "Top Poster" doesn't mean you should be able to say whatever you want, whenever you want. Every time one of the "gang" get's into trouble the same people come out with these posts trying to rally the "troops" against admin. I think it's highly immature and high school if you ask me. Admin has instituted a policy, if you can't conform to that policy, go elsewhere. Self moderation hasn't been working, because you always have a couple who just can't seem to moderate themselves, of course those same people have no problem trying to moderate others.

Dan

Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.

Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.

I'm just sayin... :wink:

I agree with KSEMT. If you don't do anything that evokes the warning system, then you have nothing to worry about.. I think it's long overdue as well. It's always the same people who are pushing the envelope. Many times good discussion changes to "my way is the only way" diatribes. I respect everyone who posts here, but the posts have gotten out of hand lately. And many of the top posters are gulty of this from time to time.

I find it amazing the folks who find this justified has not posted or been active much, contibuted articles or have been active members very long....

I find it amazing that you believe that is a prerequisite for having a voice here. After all, this is a public board, not a private club. She did ask for comments. If she only wanted comments that agreed with hers, she should have stated so.

It is painfully obvious that even those who are complaing want moderation. They just don't want themselves to be moderated.

I find it amazing that you believe that is a prerequisite for having a voice here. After all, this is a public board, not a private club. She did ask for comments. If she only wanted comments that agreed with hers, she should have stated so.

It is painfully obvious that even those who are complaing want moderation. They just don't want themselves to be moderated.

I'm sure that if you had been here for the past 7 months like many of us members, then you would feel much differently all of the sudden having a 'tattle-tale' elementary demerit warning system................See you in detention.............

Nope. I'm adult enough to admit my mistakes, take my licks, learn from the experience and move on. And I did all that before this system had to be implemented. Amazing how I figured the system out in only a week, when the average learning curve seems to be six months.

I don't believe I am so much better than anybody else on this board that I ought to demand special treatment. Even though I am a Sophomore and you're just a Freshman. :wink: