mom of student looking fot graduation present ideas...

Kalm

Hi, my child has some friends who just graduated from a paramedicine program, does anyone have ant gift ideas. I have several I would like to buy for so I can't spend a ton of money, but I'd like to do something for these hard working guys. All are currently emt's. I would very much appreciate any ideas.

Doing it on the cheap can be hard. The most obvious EMS related things are often pretty whackerish (like a REALLY big keener) and aren't particularly useful. I'm not sure what your price range is but here's a few that to come to mind:

- Subscription to JEMS. It's not great for education, but a good trade magazine and helps keep them studying and reading.

- Gerber Hinderer knife. Great multitool with window punch, seat belt cutter, O2 wrench. I actually find this one useful. One of the major gift companies will do engraving on the blade for a decent price.

- If they're new EMT's looking to move on to Paramedic school, consider a good Anatomy and Physiology text. (This may be too expensive)

- Stethoscope. Opinions on what you need/ should spend money on vary. I have a very expensive one I got as a gift from my wife, but there are plenty of passable ones for a decent price.

- Going in a different direction, consider a gift card for coffee. (Starbucks, Tim Hortons) Caffeine is the life blood of this industry.

If I knew your price range a bit better I could offer some other suggestions.

• Like 2

Doing it on the cheap can be hard. The most obvious EMS related things are often pretty whackerish (like a REALLY big keener) and aren't particularly useful. I'm not sure what your price range is but here's a few that to come to mind:

- Subscription to JEMS. It's not great for education, but a good trade magazine and helps keep them studying and reading.

- Gerber Hinderer knife. Great multitool with window punch, seat belt cutter, O2 wrench. I actually find this one useful. One of the major gift companies will do engraving on the blade for a decent price.

- If they're new EMT's looking to move on to Paramedic school, consider a good Anatomy and Physiology text. (This may be too expensive)

- Stethoscope. Opinions on what you need/ should spend money on vary. I have a very expensive one I got as a gift from my wife, but there are plenty of passable ones for a decent price.

- Going in a different direction, consider a gift card for coffee. (Starbucks, Tim Hortons) Caffeine is the life blood of this industry.

If I knew your price range a bit better I could offer some other suggestions.

Man, every one of those was awesome recommendations. I couldn't think of even a single decent option...Great job doc!

Dwayne

I would also include Galls.com, a site where you can find all types of things for a personal medical kit, uniforms, etc.

Just mentioning, some hold the Galls catalog as a good thing, some as the gate to Wackerdom. My opinion is some items are good, others, they gotta be kidding!

If they work as emts and will staying with the same company you could do some research with coworkers and find out what restaurants give good ems discounts and get them a gift card for there.or if they have a station then grocery stores are always a good idea.

Thank you guys for the great ideas. I plan to get my daughter a really nice stethoscope when she finishes next semester but I wanted something less expensive for them. I'm getting one of them the monopoly and i'm going to do the gift cards for the other (that kid is always starving). Thanks again, you have been so helpful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.