Is it just me? Or do we seem to be getting some wicked strong new members?

DwayneEMTP

Good topic. I think what we're seeing is the next generation of EMS providers, taught by newer generations of EMS educators. While we can't judge the profession based on a few random folks.. Perhaps this is a characteristic that can help EMS advance into better things?

Some of us already have...

Train them well, they'll be treating you someday. :doctor:

• Like 1

Good topic. I think what we're seeing is the next generation of EMS providers, taught by newer generations of EMS educators. While we can't judge the profession based on a few random folks.. Perhaps this is a characteristic that can help EMS advance into better things?

It's no secret that I've had to 'start at the bottom' to regain my EMS license. All the time I was in EMT-B class, and EMT-I class; we were told that we (as EMS professionals) were 'on the brink' of some major changes and quite possibly a new era for EMS.

I fully believe this, and judging by some of the new members, I can see that trend starting. Hopefully, the NREMT, NHSTA, and other organizations 'in charge' of EMS will let this continue.

I've always supported increased education relevant to EMS. Since I've started college and began working toward my degree, I think I've become more vocal about it.

I've had the chance to speak to some of the new students enrolled at the college I attend. It's very encouraging to see them ask for advice and help...as well as listen to the suggestions that are presented to them.

I think that if we can each convince just one 'newjack' to increase their education, we might just see a movement toward higher educational standards for EMS....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.