the rules of being an emt

emtcutie

Ok, fine- I'll be the asshole.

Why is it that the least experienced people always want to tell us what the "rules" of EMS are? Or the "you might be an EMT if..." crap, 90% of which they've only read about or seen on Turd Watch?

Never understood it.

I got this list from a friend.. and other than a few ones such as 20 and 21 (cus if you're a good emt you can keep your emotions in check) I thought it was just something to chuckle at... you dont have to take it seriously... theats why i posted it under funny :)

• Like 1

There were actually some good ones in there (especially #1 and those from the Doc)

I am not one for the humerous ones as I have heard them waaay too much, but I do enjoy the "real" ones.

I would like to see a "Knowledge bomb" list like what the Doc started.

Lighten the load if you can its bad for your back!

I highly doubt any of these items will ever effect my back, they all weigh very little. Small cell phone, small knife, small flash light, small ...

They sure do come in handy from time to time.

• 3 months later...

Funny stuff but unfortunately I did the opposite of rule #5

5. The more equipment you see on a EMTs belt, the newer they are.

I have added more equipment to my belt as the years go on but I think I have reach full capacity with cell phone, pager, radio, flashlight, and knife. :rolleyes2:

I have to say I agree with the above edits.

I also agree. the only thing i keep on me is my steth, trauma sheers, a pen, and a knife. The KISS system has treated me well

I also agree. the only thing i keep on me is my steth, trauma sheers, a pen, and a knife. The KISS system has treated me well

yea i keep my truama sheers, 2 pens, my stethoscope and my pen light... oh and a small notepad

Edited by emtcutie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.