Running Crew Scheduler on a Mac

fakingpatience

I know this is a long shot, but I was hoping someone here might be tech savy enough to figure this out for me.

My new job uses rescuenet crew scheduler, and I can't get it to work on my computer! I can log in, but when I try and click on any of the functions, such as shift bid, I cannot see any of the open shifts. It says I need Internet explorer 5.5 or higher to make it work. My problem is that I have a mac (using safari for my web browser), and they don't have higher than IE 5.2 available for macs (and IE 5.2 doesn't work either). I tried to boot leg IE, using a program called winebottler, but it is not working on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the rescue net to work without using internet explorer? I am sure I can't be the only one using a mac operating system!

Crew scheduler is great when you can get it to work! But i do not have any suggestions for you, as I am not familiar with mac. I do know that it does work on some other browsers, since i have used it on other browsers, such as firefox, and google chrome. And i also use it on my android phone. But other then that, I dont have any advice.

Why not contact Rescuenet directly and ask for assistance? They should know what you'll need to do, to make their system and your mac operating system compatible, as they want your business. Email is probably going to be easier than an LL contact.

So I tried other internet operating systems, and none of them were working for me. I guess I will just have to do all my crew scheduler stuff at work from a work computer

I did email the company and here is their response:

"I understand that you are using a MAC computer and working with Crew Scheduler. Unfortunately we do not support Crew Scheduler with MACs at this time.

I apologize for the inconvenience this creates for you."

Pretty disappointing, considering how many people use macs. At least they responded quickly...

There are many software developers who don't write code for Mac users.

It's their loss!

Which is why Momma B and I went to the Dell this post was sent from.

The Dell is 10 years old, and we're looking for it's replacement, which won't be Dell or Mac, per my comp-u-geek's recommendation.