AMR takes over Fire Dept. EMS

zzyzx

It is not about securing firefighter's role/job but taking care of our patients and offering them the best care possible.

Sounds great on paper, but as the article points out, reality is much different. Politics injects itself into every corner of our lives-and yes, even medical care. Look at our soon to be implemented Obamacare. Agree with it or not, politics has decided how medical care and insurance will be provided and administered to us.

I submit that despite all the rhetoric and posturing from all sides, the primary reasons for implementing this plan have nothing to do with helping people.

Sounds great on paper, but as the article points out, reality is much different. Politics injects itself into every corner of our lives-and yes, even medical care. Look at our soon to be implemented Obamacare. Agree with it or not, politics has decided how medical care and insurance will be provided and administered to us.

I submit that despite all the rhetoric and posturing from all sides, the primary reasons for implementing this plan have nothing to do with helping people.

Sounds like we agree on this being more political than about the patient.

SAD but like you said politics is a deciding factor, and it appears many times THE deciding factor.

• 4 weeks later...

It is not about securing firefighter's role/job but taking care of our patients and offering them the best care possible.

It's also about securing proper pay and benefits that we deserve. I don't want to sound greedy, but we should be getting paid a livable wage for this work. AMR doesn't do that. The FD does...I will repeat my statement....single role medics are the way to go. It works great for me. I get to focus on pt. care, and have the perks of the union, pension and proper pay that we all deserve.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.