Prehospital ultrasound

fiznat

Dear Healthcare Professionals,

I fear that you are prejudging a technology without fully understanding how it can be used. visit www.12leadekg.net/ultrasound for more info. I believe that 1 in 6 is accurate.

Excellent article. Thanks for posting it. I am pushing to add it to our ambulances as well.

Prehospital what? Ultrasound? Hmm?!? In NYS, Medicaid pays $140 for Ambulace Txpts, regardless of Level and Care. IV, O2, ECG, ET; now ultrasound. How much are Services going to spend? Standard of EMS Care? Awesome! Stop putting skills w/o formal training. I've had threads regarding EMS Certification Restructuring; most say I'm crazy to asked for more EMT hours, the EMT-85 to the 99, the abolishment of the EMT-CC, and the EMT-P to have the CCEMTP & AAS.

Lee Burns, NYS DOH EMS Director states that there is very little NYS can do. NAEMSE is waiting until after the New Year to conference call me. JEMS wants my idea to be on the JEMS Connect and they couldn't publish my idea. They are aburb to even spend time on this. I'm all for improvement but if DHHS do not increase ambulance schedule fees for Medicare & Medicaid; then why would HMO/CMO/EPO/PPO increase theirs? How do services make money? Employees want a check, raises, paid time off, tuition reimbursements, and benefits, right? How can they do this? How can I do this?

I hate hearing advancements when US DOT & NHTSA won't increase the hours from didatic to practical. They've responded to my idea by saying its up to each state. So how can we change and be better? If we don't want change and be better? Why don't Medics suture, do ultrasound, XRay, CT, Lab, Tracheostomy, etc.? Why not give us the ER in the Ambulance; keep the same Program. That makes sense... That's why we'll never be recognize by layppl...

Why don't Medics suture, do ultrasound, Lab, Tracheostomy, etc.? ...

Some services do the above.

Why do you fight progress? Why are you against patients getting better care? That is what you are saying by saying don't get anymore education and new patient care equipment because reimbursements won't increase. I would venture to say if we actually had a reputation as medical care providers rather than taxi drivers reimbursements would increase.

Prehospital what? Ultrasound? Hmm?!? In NYS, Medicaid pays $140 for Ambulace Txpts, regardless of Level and Care. IV, O2, ECG, ET; now ultrasound. How much are Services going to spend? Standard of EMS Care? Awesome! Stop putting skills w/o formal training. I've had threads regarding EMS Certification Restructuring; most say I'm crazy to asked for more EMT hours, the EMT-85 to the 99, the abolishment of the EMT-CC, and the EMT-P to have the CCEMTP & AAS.

<SNIP>

Holy off topic batman .

Just mentioning, from a historical standpoint, the NYC (Health and Hospitals Corporation) EMS got permission to be a part of the "Pilot Program" for BLS use of Albuterol, trained all their EMTs, and then went back to the bosses (HHC), asking for a salary jump, due to the personnel having gotten the "advanced" (for it's time) training. HHC declined, stating, in effect, "You got the training, why should we pay you now for what you already have?"

Post FDNY EMS "merger", roughly the same time that the CFR-D (Certified First Responder-Defibrillation) program started, the EMTs and Fire Fighters were trained in the use of the AEDs. New York State DoH, at that time, had EMT, and a separate EMT-D track. The FDNY EMS all became EMT-Ds, but the FDNY declined to give a salary jump, stating much as the HHC had, some years before.

(FYI, the NYS DoH now has EMT-B, for "Basic", with one componant being the Defib training. There is no separate EMT-D track in training)

Now, I have to wonder if the FDNY EMS Command is going to go with the Ultrasound for at least the Paramedics, as a Pilot Program, and if they do, what the "bosses" are going to say?

"Stay Tuned"...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.