want to make a cashier mad?

Just Plain Ruff

Go to office max and buy one of those counterfeit detection pens that all the stores are using to detect counterfeits bills

go buy something at a store. (I tend to do this at stores that make a big production about looking at your large bills) You know the store. The clerk who uses the pen and then looks up at the bill in the light.

Pay with a 100.00 bill and have them use their pen and do their production. Then get your change. preferably a 50.00 is in your change.

Take your pen that you bought at office max and check the bills that the clerk gives you back.

I've done this before, made one clerk really mad. He asked me what I was doing and I told him "Checking for counterfeits" He said, "We don't give out counterfeits so you don't need to check our change" and I replied "I don't give counterfeits either so you shouldn't have to check mine either."

The clerk still was pissed.

The people waiting in line behind me were laughing as I left.

Even had one ask me where to get that pen and I told him. He said he was going to start doing what I was doing.

If I can remember my pen I take it in whereever I go.

• 3 weeks later...

I went into the bank yesterday to make a withdrawal b/c it was larger than the ATM would allow. There was a sign that said "We now have $2 Bills". :whistle: So, I got one hundred, two dollar bills, in addition to what I was taking out. I made several purchases throughout the day, paying nothing but $2 bills... Every single time, they checked each bill, some didn't believe they were real, some were very pissed off. Everyone else just laughed.

• Like 1

I went into the bank yesterday to make a withdrawal b/c it was larger than the ATM would allow. There was a sign that said "We now have $2 Bills". :whistle: So, I got one hundred, two dollar bills, in addition to what I was taking out. I made several purchases throughout the day, paying nothing but $2 bills... Every single time, they checked each bill, some didn't believe they were real, some were very pissed off. Everyone else just laughed.

I thought $2 bills were no longer in circulation

They had 500 b/c they had ppl requesting them for collecting. They're big on providing for collectors, but I have no interest in keeping them, just screwing w/ ppl.

• Like 1

Ruff that is a good ideal actually. There has been lots counterfeits showing up in my area. Most are $20 so stores often don't check them. They hand them back as change then it circulates back and forth then when it's caught some poor guy is screwed as he loses the worthless $20 that he got at some store or even a bank. By the time caught not really anyway to follow the bill back to it's original spender.

While the mint may not be printing them, they're still in circulation and still are 'legal tender', which means that they're still considered 'good money'.

When money is removed from circulation, they're all gathered up and then destroyed so they cant get back into circulation.

Why did the Treasury Department remove the $2 bill from circulation?

The $2 bill has not been removed from circulation and is still a circulating denomination of United States paper currency. The Federal Reserve System does not, however, request the printing of that denomination as often as the others. The Series 2003 $2 bill was the last printed and bears the names of former Secretary of the Treasury John W. Snow and Treasurer Rosario Marin. As of April 30, 2007 there were $1,549,052,714 worth of $2 bills in circulation worldwide.

The key for successfully circulating the $2 bill is for retailers to use them just like any other denomination in their daily operations. In addition, most commercial banks will readily supply their retail customers with these bills if their customers request them in sufficient volume to justify stocking them in their vaults. However, neither the Department of the Treasury nor the Federal Reserve System can force the distribution or use of any denomination of currency on banks, businesses or individuals.1

1. http://www.treas.gov/education/faq/currency/denominations.shtml#q5

$2 bill is much like the $1 coin seems mainly collectors have them. I sometimes ask for both and then spend them. I actually have had some young clerks call for a manager because they thought I was passing fake money. I really wish the $1 coin would catch on.

$2 bill is much like the $1 coin seems mainly collectors have them. I sometimes ask for both and then spend them. I actually have had some young clerks call for a manager because they thought I was passing fake money. I really wish the $1 coin would catch on.

The clerks in Lakeland Florida hate me. I keep checking their 20's and 10's. Have not found a counterfeit yet.

I'm actually to the point where I probably need to get a new pen because the one I've been using is getting dry.

I have in my stockpile at home about 1000 2$ bills.

Anyone remember the silver certificates? I have quite a few of those. My grandmother gave me a bunch prior to her passing away.

I find coins to be some of the most beautiful works of art that you can have and the value never goes down.

Getting an uncirculated coin of any kind is one of my favorite things.

The clerks in Lakeland Florida hate me. I keep checking their 20's and 10's. Have not found a counterfeit yet.

I'm actually to the point where I probably need to get a new pen because the one I've been using is getting dry.

I have in my stockpile at home about 1000 2$ bills.

Anyone remember the silver certificates? I have quite a few of those. My grandmother gave me a bunch prior to her passing away.

I find coins to be some of the most beautiful works of art that you can have and the value never goes down.

Getting an uncirculated coin of any kind is one of my favorite things.

Hey can I borrow $2000? :thumbsup:

Never had a silver certificate but had some $10 gold certificates. Know how much they were worth?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.