Border control proponents have gone nucking futs

Just Plain Ruff

Listened to AC360 tonight on CNN. Representative Groenert (spelling) from Texas has said on the house floor that women are coming into the USA from foreign countries to have babies, then take them back to their homeland and raise them as terrorist so in 20-30 years from now they can come back and commit terrorist acts.

His first source he cited was a retired FBI agent (no name given) and then he changed the story and said it was from the granparents of members of Hamas.

Now a Republican house member in the texas legislature is echoing the same statements. Of course she wouldn't give any evidence or any other sources.

So the question is could this be true? Has anyone heard of this type of thing?

I think they are both freaking nuts. Your thoughts.

Here is the Ac360 website that he referenced in his story http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/08/10/terror-babies-join-the-live-chat/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will bite .. I believe it is entirely plausible.

Ruff ... perhaps do a little research on Hamas.

post-8540-030786500 1281500753_thumb.jpg

this pic was on the 3rd link on goggle.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Very Pausible. However, from what I recall most people like this come to the US illegilly have their children and raise them here as homegrown terrorists. The issue is that most of the kids don't want to finish what their parents started.

As far as the politicians are concerned.......typical. I do know that sometimes, some members of congress cannot site their sources, because they sit on different panels which received classified briefings

BUT, based off of what Ruff explained (as I did not go to the link) it sounds more like verbal diarrhea, and playing on public fear to me.

Good topic Ruff.

OK I will bite .. I believe it is entirely plausible.

Ruff ... perhaps do a little research on Hamas.

post-8540-030786500 1281500753_thumb.jpg

this pic was on the 3rd link on goggle.

cheers

Well I didn't say it wasn't plausible. I'm sure it is and I'm sure it has happened before.

What I take issue with is this - Rep Goemert(texas) first on the house floor said that the first time he hear of this was from a retired FBI agent but when he was on Meet the Press or some Sunday morning news show he changed his story and said that he first heard of this from some grandmothers on a flight to the middle east.

It sounds like he is just fear mongering and using this to push his border reform agenda.

What he is trying to get to happen is to change the constitution to preclude babies born in the USA from getting automatic citizenship. That's what the underlying tone of his message is.

Rep Tribble from Texas on AC360 kept saying that they were still gathering information and I respect that but the way she was responding to Anderson Coopers questions was evasive and what appeared to me to be lying.

There is no doubt that women come to the states to have their babies but I think it's far fletched that we have such a problem as birthing babies in the US for the sole reason to grow terrorists to come back in 30 years and bomb us. I find that plausible but unlikely. But that's my opinion. I hope to God it isn't true though.

Is it a problem- yes. Is it the PRIMARY problem with illegals and the immigration issue- absolutely not.

Actually, the bigger issue is folks coming here legally- by visa or becoming naturalized citizens with the intention of becoming active terrorists at some later date- sleeper cells. The Pakastani guy on the east coast a few months back is a perfect example. Educated here, got an advanced degree, had a job, a family, a home, etc. Assimilation into the society, fly under the radar, and then perpetrate whatever deed your Iman or terror group wants you to do. He was finally tracked down and caught after he made several tracks back to the Middle East to complete his training. Think also 9/11 and the hijackers.

Trust me- I have some personal experience in this area- former in laws were involved with Hamas. No, not every member of the family was a "member", but many were, and yes, blood is thicker than any other loyalties they may have. This is nothing new folks- during the Cold War, the Soviets had similar families here, and we had folks living in the USSR, and elsewhere. Difference is, back then it was simply intel, being gathered and home grown attacks did not happen by them.

I cannot check the veracity of the statements. I do, however, comment that it sounds a bit like the Angelina Jolie movie, "Salt".

Of course you can't check his statements. He says the first time he heard about this was from a retired FBI Agent but 1 month later he said the first time he heard about it was from someone on a plane that was a grandmother of a Hamas Member.

I think he's full of crap and using this to promote his agenda. He is spreading this rumor or crap to get votes and more support from the stupid public for his repealing of the 16th amendment or whatever amendment they are trying to get repealed.

This is the worst form of politics in my opinion.

After watching Anderson Cooper I came away from this whole debate and issue with a bad taste in my mouth.

From PNN (editor does not sue people btw)

Seeing as were discussing all things international, racism vs protectionism (is that a word) now Hamas birthing future terrorists on US soil and the like, here is an interesting example:

Jury selection in the trial of a Canadian man accused of killing a US military medic in Afghanistan eight years ago began yesterday. CTV (August 10) said the proceedings, being held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, will draw from a pool of military personnel flown in for the task. According to the news site, the trial of Omar Khadr, 23, could include as little as five jurors as per military rules. A conviction for a sentence over 10 years must be obtained by a 3/4ths majority;for less than 10 years, 2/3rds is required. Khadr faces charges of murder, attempted murder, conspiracy, spying, and providing material support for terrorism. Prosecutors will allege that a then 15-year-old Khadr killed medic Sgt. Christopher Speer by tossing a grenade during a firefight. If convicted, he could face life imprisonment.

PHX: Canadian passport, parents gave up child soldier, because he spoke 3 languages, village attacked in Iraq and he defends himself after living with insurgents (for years) and in a situation that either death or surrender were the options in his mind but he "choose" death, its just astounding he was not part of the body count realistically. So do we have enough Christian tolerance to now accept Khadar back into down town Toronto because he was a victim of circumstance and considering his history and 8 years in Guantanamo Bay ?

Do I want "Buddy Khadar" as my new next door neighbor maybe invite him for ribs and beers ?

Sounds harsh but:

Keep Him and Thanks in Advance.

IMHO: We have enough (ex) Tamil Tigers and (ex) Somali's (ex) Hamas / Hezbollah Gangs called "The Lebs" and already killing each other in the streets with 28 identifiable race related Gang's in Edmonton alone, stabbing my sons friends at high school parties ?

How about all the Palestinian-Canadians and rescued by Canada when Israel attacked Gaza (again for rocket attacks for 2 years OUT of Gaza) then most returned on the Canadian taxpayers coin within 2 week's ? Just because one has the "Golden Passport" does this mean in any way that they have sworn allegiance to the Maple Leaf or an Eagle ?

A Carl Jung quote: "You are a product of the Environment" interesting words ?

Maybe Canada should immigrate the current the 14 million displaced by massive floods in Pakistan in the Swat Valley too ? (ps the current hood of Taliban)

So another question pops into my overstimulated am caffeine driven brain: When does immigration reach an end point and why do we continue to immigrate the masses, could it be to fulfill an ancient outdated philosophy to "work the land" ?

On the flip side of the nickel: Anderson Cooper is a utter moron, IMHO he would toast his own Mother to get a news story, truth or fiction. Who really knows the truth with news media influencing we SHEEP, it could ALL be propaganda ?

cheers

Edited by tniuqs