Siren means nothing

driver

All ambulance crew needs to understand that unless cop is around a siren on ambulance is there request permission to pass being that you can't issue a driver a ticket for refusing to get out of your way. As such it's the driver if he/she decides to let you through or not. Blasting your siren or using your pa is not going to get you around me as only thing it will do is get a middle finger from me. Writing my plate will not help you as an officer needs to witness the violation before he/she can issue a ticket being that an officer would need to pull me over to issue that ticket.

All ambulance crew needs to understand that unless cop is around a siren on ambulance is there request permission to pass being that you can't issue a driver a ticket for refusing to get out of your way. As such it's the driver if he/she decides to let you through or not. Blasting your siren or using your pa is not going to get you around me as only thing it will do is get a middle finger from me. Writing my plate will not help you as an officer needs to witness the violation before he/she can issue a ticket being that an officer would need to pull me over to issue that ticket.

I guess that depends on what state you are in. In the State of Texas, it is a law...not a request.

Texas Transportation Code - Section 545.156. Vehicle Approached By Authorized Emergency Vehicle

§ 545.156. VEHICLE APPROACHED BY AUTHORIZED EMERGENCY

VEHICLE.

(a) On the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle using audible and visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, or of a police vehicle lawfully using only an audible signal, an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall:

(1) yield the right-of-way;

(2) immediately drive to a position parallel to and as close as possible to the right-hand edge or curb of the roadway clear of any intersection; and

(3) stop and remain standing until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Not to mention, the patient who is being rushed to the hospital for definitive life saving care, appreciates your courtesy in allowing the ambulance to pass.

I guess that depends on what state you are in. In the State of Texas, it is a law...not a request.

Texas Transportation Code - Section 545.156. Vehicle Approached By Authorized Emergency Vehicle

§ 545.156. VEHICLE APPROACHED BY AUTHORIZED EMERGENCY

VEHICLE.

(a) On the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle using audible and visual signals that meet the requirements of Sections 547.305 and 547.702, or of a police vehicle lawfully using only an audible signal, an operator, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, shall:

(1) yield the right-of-way;

(2) immediately drive to a position parallel to and as close as possible to the right-hand edge or curb of the roadway clear of any intersection; and

(3) stop and remain standing until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Not to mention, the patient who is being rushed to the hospital for definitive life saving care, appreciates your courtesy in allowing the ambulance to pass.

Big deal, an ambulance still can't issue me a ticket unless cop witness it and pulls me over.. So basically it still a request.

Big deal, an ambulance still can't issue me a ticket unless cop witness it and pulls me over.. So basically it still a request.

Unless every intersection has a red light camera or a police officer (doubtful), the red light is just a request to stop. I highly suggest that you treat it similarly to ambulances and fire engines and ignore it as well.

Unless every intersection has a red light camera or a police officer (doubtful), the red light is just a request to stop. I highly suggest that you treat it similarly to ambulances and fire engines and ignore it as well.

That would be very stupid as cross traffic will hit me and it will be my fault. If an ambulance with lights gets in to accident usually they are at fault as they must wait till intersection is clear before proceeding.

Its funny you bring this up. A crew from my service a few weeks ago took this unruly driver's license plate down and gave it to PD, not 3 hours later they went to his house and issued him a ticket. From what i heard the driver was a lot like you and would not pull over and made it extremely difficult for the ambulance to proceed. PD in my area does not put up with ignorant drivers such as yourself.

• Like 1

Its funny you bring this up. A crew from my service a few weeks ago took this unruly driver's license plate down and gave it to PD, not 3 hours later they went to his house and issued him a ticket. From what i heard the driver was a lot like you and would not pull over and made it extremely difficult for the ambulance to proceed. PD in my area does not put up with ignorant drivers such as yourself.

I would fight it and easily win . Police officer got no proof who was driving the vehicle. Register owner is not responsible for the action of the driver. So unless they could id the driver, it wasn't me driving will get ticket dismissed.

I would fight it and easily win . Police officer got no proof who was driving the vehicle. Register owner is not responsible for the action of the driver. So unless they could id the driver, it wasn't me driving will get ticket dismissed.

It is not worth the battle with you. Clearly you are not a very educated person, judging from you atrocious grammar.

• Like 1

It is not worth the battle with you. Clearly you are not a very educated person, judging from you atrocious grammar.

I am educated enough to know how to block you out and not get a ticket. If I do get a ticket, i know how to win it.