What "fluids" can't/ can you handle?

fecal vomit....even worse when the dementia pt spews it into their 02 mask then starts eating it before you can get your seatblet off to take the mask off their face

Nasty ! I couldn't decide to give you a negative or a positive for the most disgusting thing I have read in a while...

(I decided to stay neutral about it though ;) )

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stale urine gets me to gag a little, vomit not so much. It used to but it kinda wore off after a while.

Worst thing I had to endure lately was one of many homeless individuals. It was a rainy day, he was drinking and his sugar was low. he'd been rolling around in wet grass for a few hours before anyone found him. Very much alive, just his normally dirty clothes mixed with water and urine just smelt absolutely terrible. transferring him over to the hospital bed made me gag.

One smell that i'll never forget from my days of working up north was the smell people developed after drinking hairspray. It wasn't nauseating, rather, it's just a smell that will stick in my mind.

Stale urine gets me to gag a little, vomit not so much. It used to but it kinda wore off after a while.

Worst thing I had to endure lately was one of many homeless individuals. It was a rainy day, he was drinking and his sugar was low. he'd been rolling around in wet grass for a few hours before anyone found him. Very much alive, just his normally dirty clothes mixed with water and urine just smelt absolutely terrible. transferring him over to the hospital bed made me gag.

One smell that i'll never forget from my days of working up north was the smell people developed after drinking hairspray. It wasn't nauseating, rather, it's just a smell that will stick in my mind.

Ugh that hairspray one is nasty too... Smelt it a lot in ABQ since we were so near the reservations.

I must admit, sometimes i wanna grab the nurses by the shoulders and yell at her "Of course she is confused, cant you smell that raging UTI"

And your not eve in the room with the patient yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.