No Protocol!?!?

In Pennsylvania, it appears FR has no scope. However, what we tell people, aside from "advanced first aid". Use the BLS Protocol, and limit it to your scope of practice. Either way, your job primarily is getting a comprehensive, BLS, assessment and providing first aid. A competent assessment is crucial, each level that takes over, should or will do their own. But even if you work with what you've got, you should be okay. Run it by a state official, but you should be good using your skill list as it would be applied to a set of BLS protocols.

What is with this new trend of telling folks, 'specially our new members, not to ask questions here? That is what the City is for, isn't it? This is making me batshit.

Answer the question, don't answer the question, ignore the entire thread if you want, but who are you exactly to be telling folks which questions are allowed here? When did we decide that some questions were just so beneath us that we needed to explain to folks how dumb they are?

Dwayne

I don't think that was the intent. I think the intent was we can not properly answer the OP without knowing what state he's in, and further we all have a wealth of experience to share, however this is a legal matter that should be taken up with his local state EMS authority. I think that was the point, not that his question is beneath us.

But just cause I liked your idea. Boob pic for you. (P.S. if this ruffles anyone's feathers just remove it, its just for a laugh)

1603324679c39c4df15oqs6.jpg

Edited by tskstorm
  • Like 1

I hate to complain, since the intent was obviously sincere, but how about a little something for us ass men?

• Like 1

I hate to complain, since the intent was obviously sincere, but how about a little something for us ass men?

+1. But I'd hate to see you have an MI this way.

But just cause I liked your idea. Boob pic for you. (P.S. if this ruffles anyone's feathers just remove it, its just for a laugh)

You're my hero. Finally, a progressive idea in EMS that someone just ran with!!

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.