Colorado Based Ems providers

Hey MB.

I'm afraid I can't tell you a lot, as my last exposure to EMS here other than my current gig was several years ago.

I would burn my medic cert before I'd work in Pueblo. Now, I only rode nights, and I've heard that it's different during the day, and that they have some really good people there, I just didn't seem to bump into any of them, not on the AMR nor Fire side. Lazy medicine, unkind treatment of patients, in fact to the point that I filed a report that resulted in, so I've heard, nothing. Not a good experience for me, though I can find you several people that claim theirs was completely the opposite of mine.

I rode my next three rotations in the Springs and loved everything about it. In fact I found everything I'd hoped EMS to be in that city. Fire controls the scene until released to AMR. The AMR teams (M/B) were for the most part professional, interested in medicine, often did call reviews in groups at the hospital. Fire was likewise, always clean, attacked the scene and patient care from the most logical, team oriented approach possible, I saw little to no turf issues. In fact some of the best mentoring I received came from the fire medics. I wanted to work there so bad I could taste it! But ended up going over seas instead.

I think at that time medics were making around $15.60 to start, and basics around $10.00 or so, but again, that has been several years and I've heard that they've taken a turn for the worse with management changes since then...But you know how rumors are, right?

Good luck girl! Let us know how things turn out for you and give us an update on the services from your point of view when you can.

Dwayne

Well thats better, of course factoring cost of living would still be a pay cut. I may just stay where I am at.

Looks like I pissed off some moron as they keep putting negatives on any post I make. To bad they are not man or woman enough to post why they feel a post deserves negative.

I thought it was pretty self explanatory why you deserved that negative. Nobody is here to listen to you gloat about being a well paid paramedic. The thread about about Colorado jobs, not about your awesome pay.

• Like 1

I thought it was pretty self explanatory why you deserved that negative. Nobody is here to listen to you gloat about being a well paid paramedic. The thread about about Colorado jobs, not about your awesome pay.

And my negative for you was because this post of yours shows you read into my statement something that was not there. I expressed an interest and was happy to see this topic. I expressed disappointment in the pay scale there. I was actually shocked to see it be so low especially with the higher cost of living. I thank you for at least manning up about posting a negative.

MB,

I haven't been in the Springs since 2002, but from what I remember both services were professional and all about good patient care. I did rotations with AMR in both the Springs and Pueblo, and to be honest I found the ambulance crews in Pueblo to be more laid back, professional and calm on calls.

However, call volume and call type was definetely better in the Springs.

If I had to give to 2 cents I would suggest looking into CSFD. There medics are competent and professional (as I remember). Also, they are better paid and less worked. Not to mention the benfits that come with the job.

Just my opinion as my info is out of date.......

PS CSFD station 11......ROCKS......

J

Edited by armymedic571

As far as CSFD I have noticed for the most part that they are nice helpful and some even decent looking :o However some are not helpful and etc. It is like that everywhere I am sure. It is HARD as hell here getting onto CSFD here. They rarely hire someone who has no fire exp. I have no fire exp.

As far as Pueblo I have not heard nor do I know any ems providers in that area. Plus I don't speak Spanish either. To be honest you kinda need to have some knowledge if not speak fluent Spanish in pueblo. However I never thought to even check about checking out the agencies in Pueblo. I may check them out down there. I do not know if AMR is down there however they seem to be EVERYWHERE!! I have seen lately some new trucks lately in town (either that or AMR changed their look).

I just pulled a shift down in Security (just south of COS)at the FD down there (My company does the contracted medic coverage for them) and I loved it. I might have to move down that way :P

As far as CSFD I have noticed for the most part that they are nice helpful and some even decent looking ohmy.gif However some are not helpful and etc. It is like that everywhere I am sure. It is HARD as hell here getting onto CSFD here. They rarely hire someone who has no fire exp. I have no fire exp.

As far as Pueblo I have not heard nor do I know any ems providers in that area. Plus I don't speak Spanish either. To be honest you kinda need to have some knowledge if not speak fluent Spanish in pueblo. However I never thought to even check about checking out the agencies in Pueblo. I may check them out down there. I do not know if AMR is down there however they seem to be EVERYWHERE!! I have seen lately some new trucks lately in town (either that or AMR changed their look).

If I recall, AMR had the contract in Pueblo....but that was several years ago.

I just pulled a shift down in Security (just south of COS)at the FD down there (My company does the contracted medic coverage for them) and I loved it. I might have to move down that way :P

Are they Hiring?? I need a damn job... With the utmost urgency!

Are they Hiring?? I need a damn job... With the utmost urgency!

Not for down there, and they just hired 9 EMTs and 3 medics for here in Denver... I don't know if they're looking at another class of orientees anytime soon :( Sorry

That's a fairly incorrect statemtent. You need to speak spanish to work in Pueblo about as much as you will need it to work in W. Denver, Greeley, or any other town in Colorado. The majority of the folks in all of those areas speak english and those that don't usually can get their point across fairly easily. As to the providers in the S. Colorado areas..AMR has the contracts for both Pueblo and Canon City.

C. Springs AMR has some great folks as do the Pueblo and Canon City operations, as with any place, you are going to get out of it what you put into it.

If you are not opposed to looking north, look into Thompson Valley EMS, Weld County EMS and Platte Valley EMS. All are good operations.

While your at it, look into Pridemark Paramedic Services as well. They have a few 911 contracts throughout the Northern front range and I have met some great folks that have come from there.

Good Luck!

JP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.