Con-ed in multiple states

Hey guys, just a quick question. I just got a new job, which requires me keep certifications in 3 additional states besides PA, which are MD, NJ and DE. Also National Registry, which I am in the process of getting. ( I am a basic). I know every state and NREMT require different amounts of Con ed. I took a con ed class tonight. My question is, how do i make sure that my con ed gets counted in all the states so I can keep up my certs? Can I just send a copy of the cert to that state? I asked tonight at the class, and no one knew. Thanks so much! I am still trying to get this all figured out!

....con ed gets counted in all the states so I can keep up my certs?

It is usually your responsiblity to keep track of your continuing education hours and where they would apply.....unless you can find some sap to do it for you. Make sure that all the states accept the con-ed based upon their requirements. When in doubt, ask the various state EMS agencies to see what their recommendations would be.

Doesn't the NREMT.org website allow you to log your con ed courses/hours in your profile?

Nice way to keep track of them and when it is time to renew your registry you just hit submit. As for each state, you need to know what they require. Some states require you to mail in copies at recert time, others require a training officer to sign off saying you completed the claimed courses and then some states like Florida require you to sign a piece of paper that says you meet all the requirements and you acknowledge if/when you are audited that you will produce all claimed hours.

Doesn't the NREMT.org website allow you to log your con ed courses/hours in your profile?

Nice way to keep track of them and when it is time to renew your registry you just hit submit. As for each state, you need to know what they require. Some states require you to mail in copies at recert time, others require a training officer to sign off saying you completed the claimed courses and then some states like Florida require you to sign a piece of paper that says you meet all the requirements and you acknowledge if/when you are audited that you will produce all claimed hours.

Yes the NR added that feature. Nice but you still need to keep paper copies so if audited.

Thanks guys. I don't have NREMT yet, so haven't had any experience with that yet. But will be taking the test within the next week. Thanks for the info! Gotta keep everything straight!

In the case of Penna., you can use this website, to keep track of your con-ed. It features a full transcript, different from the LMS, it tracks all of your con-ed. Perhaps other states have something similar? Though, I find it's best to keep a file folder of certificates or class records, just in case.