What next ?

tniuqs

It's so weird to think that anyone would believe I'm worth impersonating. And what do I have to gain by lying? I already lost my job and I doubt the Hospital is going to come to me and say "You know Franco, we've been seeing a lot of positive comments on the internet about you, here is your job back!". I never said what I did was professional, it was stupid. One thing I can say is, I didn't post the photos. That's not to say my partner did without my permission but there is something to be said about the fact that I didn't put them on a site as public as Flickr. I never intended for anyone outside of my close friends seeing these photos.

One thing that I do have a question is this, you specifically stated that no-one other than you, your partner and the reporter has seen the pics but then you went on to say that your friends don't see the big deal. This is the only part of your story that I find troubling.

I said nobody from the hospital saw the photos, meaning my supervisor or the administration. My close friends have seen the photos from me showing them in person on my computer when I explain what happened.

I'd like to thank everyone who has had kind words for my situation as well as adding that nobody owes me an apology. I am fully aware that what I did was stupid and unprofessional, I just don't think it was deserving of such a severe punishment.

Edited by fracno
  • Like 4

I'd like to thank everyone who has had kind words for my situation as well as adding that nobody owes me an apology. I am fully aware that what I did was stupid and unprofessional, I just don't think it was deserving of such a severe punishment.

I think the misspelling of your screen name is the only reason there is some reservation about your identity here. Regardless, whoEVER is posting this, I have big respect for. This is almost Fiznat-esque, the way you man-up to your misjudgements and move forward in a positive way. I'd hire you based on that, regardless of this unfortunate incident.

I appreciate you coming here, Man. I hope you will continue to visit us and contribute. Best of luck, and sorry about your troubles.

I think the misspelling of your screen name is the only reason there is some reservation about your identity here.

Fracno is a silly name that my roommates started calling me when I moved to NY. PM me and I'll send you my Facebook if you really need proof.

Arrrghhhh.....

This is conflicting. As I agree with FireMedic, I know that our "senses of humor" and practical jokes can be off color to the outside eye, (part of what makes our PROFESSION unique), I feel it is very necessary.

The fact that it was done in public, is where I have scrupples.

Franco-Glad to have you. Funny as it may have been. Sorry for ya.

I guess that's is why it is nice to have a station to retreat to.

On a seperate note. Our management has been known to google names and search facebook looking for comments about out service and hospital. It is what it is...

Very true! I am sure there are plenty of things I find funny and others do not. I have A LOT of fun when I am working. Would I put a gas mask on? yes, I would. Would I rappel off the top bunk in the middle of the night when responding to a call? Yes, and I have! Would I run across the day room with a sheet over my head pretending to be a ghost while everyone is watching a movie? Yes I would. Would I do anything like that in a patients home? Defiantly not. There is a time and place to have fun.

As for facebook, you CANNOT see my posts or even find me on there unless I let you find me. I do not bad talk people or my job or other services or anything. Just that my private life is private.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.