Firemonkey Down (And Out) !

NickD

Per the article, Firefighters and EMS wear the same uniform. Rather than automatically slam the Firefighters, wouldn't it be prudent to find out which division they're with before casting aspersions?

Yes, it looks bad on FDNY as a whole, but according to the article, it could have just as easily been an EMT/Paramedic.

*Edited for gramatical errors

Edited by Lone Star
  • Like 1

Per the article, Firefighters and EMS wear the same uniform. Rather than automatically slam the Firefighters, wouldn't it be prudent to find out which division they're with before casting aspersions?

Yes, it looks bad on FDNY as a whole, but according to the article, it could have just as easily been an EMT/Paramedic.

*Edited for gramatical errors

Dont let them bother you some folks just like to spank there monkey

• Like 3

As one of 100% untainted Irish descent, I do not drink. There are plenty of those in my family of the past, that did that for me. However, it is part of the spirit of the day, and I really don't care. Firefighting is big among the Irish. I'd drink, with a NYC fireman.. If I drank. But what I do not support, is consumption of alcohol, in view of the public eye (media, bystanders) in a decorated and honored uniform. That is not cool.

I blew up the video as best I could, looking for the collar tacks on the shirt. EMS has silver Star of Life with an overlay of FDNY on it, and most FDNY members, but not all, have the number of their apparatus, example, L171 or E267, on one side of the collar. Some of us FDNY EMS Command wear, as kind of a reminder of who we were prior to St. Patrick's Day 1996, the old tie bar, with a miniature of the old EMS patch, flanked by the letters, NYC EMS. If the woman had shown the man's right shoulder, it might have shown a Station Patch, an EMT, Paramedic, or Certified First Responder patch. If this individual was wearing anything, the quality was not enough to identify it on my Dell PC.

I have to mention that the CFR patch is strictly worn by firefighters, but depending on what fire house, or EMS station, the FDNY member is from, an ID by that "house/station" would identify them.

The man's shirt if light blue. All that signifies is that he is either an EMS or Fire fighter "Grunt", and not a lieutenant or higher rank, as they'd be wearing a white shirt. FYI, EMS officers have large circular Star of Life pin devices on the class "A" jackets like the device on our hats, fire guys have speaking horn or "scramble" pins indicating rank.

In a way, I an happy that, with no regard if he's an EMSer or Fire Fighter, I don't recognize him at all. I like my plausible deniability.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.