How do you tell the difference between a UK Police Officer, an Australian

aussiephil

If our hierachy in the NSW Police Force and the Government continue the way they are going, we will be worse than the British scenario in a few years.

Subject: British vs Oz vs US police;

Question:

How do you tell the difference between a UK Police Officer, an Australian

Police Officer and an American Police Officer?

Answer:

Pose the following question:

THE SCENARIO

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.

Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, and raises the knife and charges.

You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?'

UK Police Officer's Answer:

1) Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!

2) Does the man look poor or oppressed?

3) Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

4) Could we run away?

5) Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?

6) What does the law say about this situation?

7) Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?

9) Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

10) Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?

11) If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?

12) Should I call 9-9-9?

13) Why is this street so deserted?

14) We need to raise taxes, have a paint-and-weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behaviour?

15) If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away; do I get blamed when he falls over running away, knocks his head and kills himself?

16) If I shoot him, and lose the court case, does he have the opportunity to sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and I will lose my family home?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Australian Officer's Answer:

1) BANG! BANG

We in NSW have been trained to fire 2 shots. Me personnaly I like to be doublely sure

MY Answer. BANG BANG BANG BANG

----------------------------------------------------------------------

American Officer's Answer:

1) BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click....(sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

Click.

Since when did UK cops carry guns?

Most, if not all, of the UK police forces have armed response units. Matt202 who posts here, has been in one for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i2jxb69nI8

Just a quick overview of some of their weapons.

Stick with the "Double Tap". If it takes more than that number of shots, someone needs more practice at the range.

Guys, lighten up, this is in FUNNY STUFF for a reason, not to be analised, but as a JOKE.

See it as humour, cause thats all it is.

American Officer's Answer:

1) BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Click....(sounds of reloading)

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

Click.

Sorry... the correct answer is arrest the person firing the gun because they dared to have a gun for their protection. After all, in the US the police have no duty to provide protection or response (see Warren v District of Columbia, Gonzales v City of Castle Rock, and Balistreri v. Pacifica Police Department)

Also, here's what you get in California for following the law:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/Messkit/?action=view&current=SanPedroillegaldetainmentbyLAPD.flv

Mind you, with the second video the only thing that officers can legally do is check if it's unloaded. Everything past checking to insure that it's unloaded is illegal detainment.

Edited by JPINFV

Speaking of, on my way home from one of my adventures today, I saw some hoodlum being arrested in the middle of the street. Three cop cars blocking traffic as if he was going to make a run for it.. on foot. Guns drawn and what not. I was going to get out and take a picture, but I didn't want to draw any more attention to myself being that my tags are expired. I didn't want guns drawn on me.

And Richard, 3 to the center mass.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.