Failed Terrorist Attack on Plane Landing in Detroit

Chief1C

Anti-terror officials let terror suspect keep visa

Kelly says officials get thousands of negative messages about people that are not always accurate.

How often does those negative messages come from blood relatives...

Funny, you guys remember when Cat Stevens was detained and hassled over some nebulous and ill defined information as far as I know?

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/09/22/plane.diverted.stevens/

Now, people are saying they cannot act without credible information? So, Cat Stevens was on a watch list but this dude was not even after his father came foreword with information. In addition, I think the UK had pretty good info and was watching this guy closely. I call BS, this was a major screwup and heads should roll IMHO.

Take care,

chbare.

I see Osama couldn't be arsed to put on a tie for his press conference on the matter. :rolleyes:

I guarantee you he doesn't have the gnards to fire Napolitano either.

There is a metric arseload of British and French "citizens" who are actually foreign born and Muslim.

And there are probably many more who were born there. Go to somewhere like Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow, London, Birmingham etc, and you will see Mosques among those city skylines. It has been that way for decades. Muslims have been in the UK as long as I can remember - just about every corner convenience store is known as "The paki's" nationwide.

It's time all this visa shit stopped.

It has recently changed between the US and UK. They are now exchanging demographic information between nationals before travel commences, so the old white I-94 is no longer being used. The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) request must now be approved prior to departure or you don't get on the plane. This "sharing of information" is the same initiative which banned Martha Stuart from entering the UK, and Boy George from entering the US :punk:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html

If I recall correctly, when Salomon Rushtie (spelling?) wrote "Satanic Verses", the Ayatollah Khomeini (again, spelling?) put out a religious "death warrant" on Mr. Rushtie. Yusef Islam, formerly known as the singer Cat Stevens, agreed publicly with the warrant.

Perhaps a stretch, but a death warrant from a religious leader against an individual not even from the Ayatollahs' home country, supported by a "celebrity" from yet a third country? That could be reason Mr. Islam ended up on that 'No Fly" list.

I see Osama couldn't be arsed to put on a tie for his press conference on the matter. :rolleyes:

When the Cambridge PD arrested his dumbass buddy, he couldn't get in front of a camera fast enough.

A Muslim whackjob tries to kill 300 Americans on Thursday, and it's three days before we hear from anybody at the Cabinet level, never mind the President.

• Like 1

When the Cambridge PD arrested his dumbass buddy, he couldn't get in front of a camera fast enough.

A Muslim whackjob tries to kill 300 Americans on Thursday, and it's three days before we hear from anybody at the Cabinet level, never mind the President.

Good observation.

It has recently changed between the US and UK. They are now exchanging demographic information between nationals before travel commences, so the old white I-94 is no longer being used. The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) request must now be approved prior to departure or you don't get on the plane.

I was suggesting cutting off ALL this visa crap, regardless of whether or not they are on a watch list. The inn is full. No vacancy. The borders are closed. Screw everyone else.

I was suggesting cutting off ALL this visa crap, regardless of whether or not they are on a watch list. The inn is full. No vacancy. The borders are closed. Screw everyone else.

The truth of the matter is a world away from what you are suggesting. There is now talk of bringing in a "new visa"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8417510.stm

I guess I'm not the only one 'reaching' on this. Maybe it isn't such a tremendous leap to think that our President should have cut his 'fun time' short.....I guess a minor thing like 'National Security' shouldn't interrupt 'play time'....after all...throwing the country deeper in debt is hard work!

I guess I'm not the only one 'reaching' on this. Maybe it isn't such a tremendous leap to think that our President should have cut his 'fun time' short.....I guess a minor thing like 'National Security' shouldn't interrupt 'play time'....after all...throwing the country deeper in debt is hard work!

Meh, you never really answered my question. What would appease you?

Video of him getting on a plane to fly to an office where he can do the exact same thing from his current location and not disrupt the family??

In this day and age, his physical location is irrelevant...