Dear Santa ...................

crotchitymedic1986

steveaustin.jpg

SIX%20MILLION%20DOLLAR%20MAN%20ROBOT%20LEGS.JPG

Six Million Dollar Man

Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him; we have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

I think I have this thing figured out so all I want for Christmas this year is Santa, that way I can get presents all year.

What were the little cars called that were like a demolition derby; you ran them into each other and the fenders and hood would fly off ? Couldnt get that through today's safety standards (flying objects could cause eye damage), but atleast I am pretty sure that it didnt contain any toxins in the paint, as it was probably american made -- maybe ?

And who had the glow in the dark monster models (frankenstein, werewolf, dracula, swamp creatures, godzilla, kingkong) ?

Side issue: The Six Million Dollar Man shows an actual spacecraft prototype, a part of "Project Dyna-Soar", which would lead to the Space Shuttle. The real pilot of the spaceplane survived the crash shown, but was nowhere as badly hurt as the fictional "Steve Austin". In the series' third year, they showed a successful flight and landing of the spaceplane.

Design problems of that prototype caused the plane to be unstable, and that particular design was totally replaced.

What were the little cars called that were like a demolition derby; you ran them into each other and the fenders and hood would fly off ? Couldnt get that through today's safety standards (flying objects could cause eye damage), but atleast I am pretty sure that it didnt contain any toxins in the paint, as it was probably american made -- maybe ?

And who had the glow in the dark monster models (frankenstein, werewolf, dracula, swamp creatures, godzilla, kingkong) ?

The cars were made by Kenner and it was their SSP Smash Up Derby Set

Wow. Circa 1975, I was one of those people using that Plano 747Medic box, and now you say that they are still being used?

Blast from the past.

I'll never forget as a new medic, being totally frustrated before I realized you needed to open the top drawer just a bit in order to open the rest of the drawers. I was too embarassed to say I couldn't figure out how to open the drug box. LOL

I want the old Lifepak 4 monitor too- for sinister reasons. I want to give it to new students to carry- along with the drug box, and the orange cased telemetry radio with the screw on antenna- and make them realize how far we've come in this business.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.