Mobey vs Turnipzilla !

tniuqs

Meeting of Minds/ More or less:

Rhum vs Beers ... FAIL

Sustenance: Chicken Alfredo .

Topics of Interest:

Intubation and why strength is mandatory to lift a 25 kg head off the bed ... some silly score deal:

http://www.anesthesia-analgesia.org/cgi/content/full/95/3/783

verses: http://proteins.wikiprofessional-staging.org/index.php/Concept:80876084

Retrograde intubation with Bougie.

ABG interpretation an RRT equation expected Ph based on the math of PaCo2

7.50 ---- Pa CO2 of 30

7.40 ---- PaCo2 of 40

7.30 ---- PaCo2 of 50

A metabolic acidosis = rare as hens teeth and drug related (most cases)carbonic anhydrase inhibitors ?

PaCo2 (measured) divided by 10, add 1, x 8, then the negative log of H+ concentration (10 to the minus 9) then punch Log the expected PH .... Bicarb is a mathematical value, 20 vs 30 whatever who really cares ?

Correlation of PaCo2 vs ETCO2.

VD/ VT = dead space = .8 "the magic number"

Combat er high ambient noise (decompression of Pnemothorax )and the use of a 10 gauge cath and condom vs silly Hindlick valve.... then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagen%E2%80%93Poiseuille_equation#Poiseuille.27s.

Also 10 gauge and beneficial in Cric and a ETT tube adapter 3.5 ... TTJV from a 50 psig (a recipe for death) !

The concept of O2 reservoir and delivery of increased FiO2 with "tusks" ie STARR WARS in asthmatic patient.

What did I miss ?

cheers.

Squintzilla.

Yes it was a blast..... learned alot too!

Don't forget "Thunbs up" on the laryngoscope, which I used in 5 intubations the next day, and it improved my confidence in not levering dramatically.

Throwing out the #6 tube inside a syringe attatched to the... the... the.... some sort of 3 foot contraption. Just put a tube adaptor onto a decompression needle.

Quick discussion on "Hyperventilation (CNHS)" and changes in resp patterns as seen in brain injury.

changes in V/Q, and how we increase/decrease zones and recruit alveoli.

Thx buddy.

You know I'll be back.

BTW: My last intubation my preceptor dimmed the lights, put pt. in semi fowlers, maintained c-spine inline, spoke very loudly throughout the intubation about non-intubation things, and gave me a non-styletted tube, in an attempt to remove the controlled environment aspect from the O.R. Still.... I nailed it.

Woo Hoo, practicum #3 over.... on to baby catchin!

Woo Hoo, practicum #3 over.... on to baby catchin!

Don't forget your catcher's mitt hehe - and hey squint - why does he get all the fun? Pass some my way ! :beer:

On to Baby Catchin :dribble: remember they are a slippery bundel of JOY and along with the catchers mitt you will need ear plugs(for the pt so she dosn't hear your screams) and some restraints (so she dosnt deck you because dam that child birth hurts)

Have fun boys

PS I would suggest that the boys never say "I know it hurts" because unless you have the ability to take your lower lip and stretch it over your head (Bill Cosby) trust me you haven't a clue.

and hey squint - why does he get all the fun? Pass some my way ! :beer:

Did I forget to sent out the invites to You and Happi, dang my bad ? ... my door is always open to all the kids.

Oh forgot to chat about the "Carlins" tube and not talking George Carlins ... :devilish:

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.