What id a considered a good driving record?

Stefanc1

In general here it's no major moving violations within the prior three years or more than 3 points in the prior 5 years. Suspensions at any time you may still be hired but will not be allowed to drive and a DUI makes it nearly impossible to get hired (at least in this area) as the state board is really kicking up their disciplinary action on those with them, especially if they aren't reported. Also, they are starting to get very hesistant to cert them. I have to admit, I would be very leary of hiring someone with a history of a DUI - irresponsibility while driving your POV makes it likely you are going to act irresponsibly in other areas.

We are "Self insured" , so we set our own standards. We look at a minimum of 7 years. Often take a close look at events in the past 10. We have turned down peopel with minor infractions, but showing a "pattern".

If you have a felony DUI (repeat offender, or involving injury to someone) , I don't think we can hire you at all.

What I consider good, would include a "Driving Record" free of:

• DUI for ETOH, Illicit Drugs or Rx Med use.
  • Two or more citations for excessive speed in a year.
  • Reckless or Careless Driving Citations.
  • More than one minor violation with in a year.
    Including:

-----Illegal turns

-----Duties at stop signs

-----Use of signals

-----Tailgating

• Any incidents of "Road Rage"
  • More than one accident, with yourself at fault.

Duties at stop signs

You mean stop signs aren't just a really stringent "yield?" Followup question, since I'm licensed to drive by the State of California, does that also grant me the privilege of using "California Stops?"

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.