Gross Neglegence?

SA_Medic

Update on the patient:

According to the treating paediatrician rehydration is doing the trick and the process of re inflation of the lung has started with the vitals and saturation looking better.

Great to hear. Is the baby still on the vent? If I didn't make it clear earlier - you have my utmost respect for your knowledge and your courage. I would have been sh***ing bricks.

My dermatome level S4 S5 thanks you. :hug: in advance.

But as for that route of medication I would be most pleased to accept it, well, if it had any form of analgesic in it that is.

cheers vent.

Back on topic did anyone mention fontanelle evaluation, lets not this educational topic get further off base.

A sunken fontanelle can be a sign of serious dehydration in a child known to be ill with fever, vomitng and diarrhea - gastroenteritis. Sunken eyes, dry mouth, and decreased or absent tears would likewise be noticible.

My dermatome level S4 S5 thanks you. :hug: in advance.

But as for that route of medication I would be most pleased to accept it, well, if it had any form of analgesic in it that is.

cheers vent.

Back on topic did anyone mention fontanelle evaluation, lets not this educational topic get further off base.

I was about to ask if we should arrange a room. lmao

A sunken fontanelle can be a sign of serious dehydration in a child known to be ill with fever, vomitng and diarrhea - gastroenteritis. Sunken eyes, dry mouth, and decreased or absent tears would likewise be noticible.

I never got round to checking the fontanelle, I can not comment on tears as there was virtually no reaction to me checking the child out.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.