Careful What You Say! Nurse Investigated for Encouraging Suicide on Internet

spenac

So it follows, according to him, that if you terminate the stalking, then very often you will prevent a murder.

Unfortunately, it is also proven that measures taken to stop stalking often result in further aggravating the stalker, and him/her stepping up his/her efforts in retaliation, often ending in murder. People "stalk" for a lot of reasons, that do not always include violence, aggression, or anger. But once you start serving them with restraining orders or sending them to jail, you make it more personal, and it often escalates to a whole 'nother level. That's why intelligent judges will not hand those out lightly.

As in medicine, the cure is often deadly in the legal world too.

Edited by Dustdevil

Unfortunately, it is also proven that measures taken to stop stalking often result in further aggravating the stalker, and him/her stepping up his/her efforts in retaliation, often ending in murder. People "stalk" for a lot of reasons, that do not always include violence, aggression, or anger. But once you start serving them with restraining orders or sending them to jail, you make it more personal, and it often escalates to a whole 'nother level. That's why intelligent judges will not hand those out lightly.

As in medicine, the cure is often deadly in the legal world too.

Yeah, man, the whole stalking thing sucks. You can't watch a stalker every second, you can't lock them up for ever when they've not usually broken any laws, and attempts at prevention is likely to make the situation worse, as you've stated. It's just a bag bag of luck.

But I do think it would be interesting to view this dickheads behavior from the stalking point of view and see if it fits. If he was hounding these damaged people into submission, or simply took individual moments of opportunity and got 'lucky' from time to time, finding someone ripe for his encouragement.

Dwayne

• Like 1

Apparently somebody didn't realize that the "Suicide: Doing It Right" statement in "You Know You're In Medicine If..." wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

Hell man, I keep watching the negative reports piling up, but, for the record I have no idea what problem people are having with this.

There's no one in this business that doesn't know what you're referring to, and it seems obvious to me that you don't like it much.

Don't take off. This wasn't a great post, but not bad either. For some reason you're just the whipping boy in this thread...but this too shall pass. :-)

Dwayne

Hell man, I keep watching the negative reports piling up, but, for the record I have no idea what problem people are having with this.

Me neither. Someone must have misread his post.

I have to admit that I had never heard of this list he is talking about before, but I did find it on the Google. The list is stupid, and not particularly original or amusing, but I certainly didn't take it seriously either. I gave a point back.

As someone with personal experience with the absolute failure of the legal system to deal with stalkers I always urge victims to arm themselves - a 45 is my personal choice.

To add on to that, remember. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.