Flying Saucer Over CO

Eydawn

They are now talking about the "missing basket" which was on it when it took off, but missing when it landed. I too thought initially he would be found hiding in his bedroom, but the latest reports are not too promising.

Actually, the flight dynamics are exactly what had me thinking he might actually be in there. The way it kept wobbling and favouring one side indicated a weight imbalance, similar to that of a 50 pound kid up against one side of the compartment.

I thought that at first too, but that side that was always sagging down, was the side that was losing the helium. You could see that side of the balloon was all floppy. Of course that end will sag down.

I thought that at first too, but that side that was always sagging down, was the side that was losing the helium. You could see that side of the balloon was all floppy. Of course that end will sag down.

Yeah, towards the end, when that side got really flat, it became obvious.

Whatever the situation, EPIC fail.

He may be grounded until he's 100, but at least this had a happy ending. It very easily could not have been as positive. The parents are probably going to be keeping a closer eye on those kids.

Playing the role of cynic here( one of my favorite roles)...

What if this was some stupid, ill conceived hoax or stunt? The family(parents) seem to crave attention. Dad is a storm chaser wannabe, and they appeared on the TV show "Wife Swap".

Maybe just a stupid mistake by a kid, but glad the little guy is OK.

Playing the role of cynic here( one of my favorite roles)...

What if this was some stupid, ill conceived hoax or stunt? The family(parents) seem to crave attention. Dad is a storm chaser wannabe, and they appeared on the TV show "Wife Swap".

Maybe just a stupid mistake by a kid, but glad the little guy is OK.

I'm with ya there man.