Here he goes again

ERDoc

Doc, you haven't had a run of a particular type of patient?

Patient would be CORRECT this Patient :( should be treated with slow release benzo patches to mellow him out and take away his Glock before he takes out an innocent bystander.

Oklahoma State Troopers supervisors FAIL.

My concerns are that the Trooper starts really thinking "how will this look in the media" before he acts, rather then relying on his training to keep him, his partner(s), and the public safe, and a perp will take advantage of it.

I'm not a LEO hater, just want to reiterate my comments were based solely on the incident with the EMS crew. My only position is that people have to be able to justify their actions, period.

I agree with your comments regarding what impacts their decision making process and it becomes a dangerous balancing act. However, usually the common man principle would suggest using a little more discretion and tact when the general public is around, especially in this day of recording devices. It is seldomly about what the facts are but rather the "perception" of the witness, in this case(s), millions of viewers.

In the incident with the EMS crew, I think he demonstrated that he didn't think at all about the bigger picture, including his initial actions after the initial high speed response (which I'd suggest was quite excessive, probably double the posted speed limit at times). Then an attempt to interrupt patient transport and care to arrest one of the crew members. Tact and discretion don't seem to be in his vocabulary.

In that case, there was no 'perp', there were no risks to him or his partner, nor the public. The danger was was that his actions escalated the whole thing. I think he demonstrated that he lacks the ability to use good judgment, was not an example of what he was trained. He made a poor decision and subsequent poorer decisions after the fact.

Again, based solely on his first incident with the EMS transport.

I agree with your comments regarding what impacts their decision making process and it becomes a dangerous balancing act. However, usually the common man principle would suggest using a little more discretion and tact when the general public is around, especially in this day of recording devices. It is seldomly about what the facts are but rather the "perception" of the witness, in this case(s), millions of viewers.

Great point and moreover "the trooper" actually being aware that there is a "Cop Cam" is highly suggestive he has a cognitive judgement problem, even more magnified when the supervisory Staff in a Media conference to boot are simply doing damage control and circle talking, failing to address the real issue as ERDoc points out so eloquently, a pattern of behavior.

cheers