Well that is how most see it is a popularity contest. I feel so loved cause I have his many votes or that many votes oh poo people dont like me cause I am getting all these negitive votes. Everyone wants to be popular but being popular doesnt alway mean you are respected or liked. Me I would rather have two votes from people that respect me than 100 from people that dont, that doesnt make me any less popular but it sure makes appricate my friends. Just my vent on the subject. Really I would like to see admin do away with the reputation system.

Well that is how most see it is a popularity contest. I feel so loved cause I have his many votes or that many votes oh poo people dont like me cause I am getting all these negitive votes. Everyone wants to be popular but being popular doesnt alway mean you are respected or liked. Me I would rather have two votes from people that respect me than 100 from people that dont, that doesnt make me any less popular but it sure makes me appricate my friends. Just my vent on the subject. Really I would like to see admin do away with the reputation system.

Sorry,

I thought you guys could see it. I can but I cannot see how to get you to see it.

I will see if I can find a way.

Just a suggestion, if you get that working it may not be a great idea to allow people to see who gives them negative feedback. Maybe if they required an explanation of why they gave negative, but it might stir up conflict?

Just a suggestion, if you get that working it may not be a great idea to allow people to see who gives them negative feedback. Maybe if they required an explanation of why they gave negative, but it might stir up conflict?

What you scared of retaliation? Surely none of the professional trolls that show up here would ever do that. :rolleyes:

What you scared of retaliation? Surely none of the professional trolls that show up here would ever do that. :rolleyes:

Of course not. I am not afraid to speak my mind to anyone. I am just saying it could cause unwanted conflict/drama and get things off topic.

We can only hope that we are professional enough not to take things so seriously.

Of course not. I am not afraid to speak my mind to anyone. I am just saying it could cause unwanted conflict/drama and get things off topic.

We can only hope that we are professional enough not to take things so seriously.

You seem to have missed my bad attempt at humor. Thanks for not giving me a negative for it.

You seem to have missed my bad attempt at humor. Thanks for not giving me a negative for it.

It is definately NOT a popularity contest. If it was a popularity contest, Spenac would definately NOT have +33

I think if we could leave anonymous comments as to why the post was negative it might actually achieve what the reputation system set out to do. For example, you couldn't place a negative without giving feedback and if it was inappropriate feedback, then your negative was deleted (ie I gave it 'cause I don't like you etc). There are ways to make it more positive, but if we are truly judging on the quality of posts then that's what we should be judging on regardless of whether we like it or not. The ultimate stupidity of this though is that people are getting positives or negatives for ridiculous comments - such as spenac's "hang in there" - no grading of that is necessary - come on guys !(sorry to use you as an example there spenac, but you were handy). If you make a good arguement with me whether I like you or not, or don't agree a solid arguement I'll reward. I think the vast majority on this board are adults, so let's grow up and starting acting like it. We're not voting for the prom queen here.

• Like 1

It is definately NOT a popularity contest. If it was a popularity contest, Spenac would definately NOT have +33

True would be more like a conservative number like +22000. :punk:

I think we should be able to rate the mods. :devil:

Edited by spenac
  • Like 2

True would be more like a conservative number like +22000. :punk:

I think we should be able to rate the mods. :devil:

no freakin way Spenny, you would spend all your time giving me and terri negative. I'm gonna go click a negative right now.