Hi there,

I have been busy working on bringing some new, and old features back to the site. Here are a few things that have been updated.

Video area

This area allows you to embed a video for everyone to see. You can embed videos from any site that has embed code. The goal it to have a library of EMS related videos in one place.

Links area

Post your department links and other EMS related links for everyone to see. This should build up to be a great one source stop to find EMS related sites.

Home page

It's back! I have also noticed that posting is up now that the home page is back. I realized that a lot of you used the "Latest Posts" part of the home page. You can also find new content in the site by clicking "view new content/posts" on the top right of the page. This will pull up all new blogs, forum posts, links an so on.

Status updates

You can now update your status from any page by pulling down the menu on your user name on the top right. You status will also show up in all of the posts you make. If you don't want your status posted, just keep the field empty when you update it.

More Premium Member Features

Premium members now have no advertisements. This was something I could not do with the old software but I know a lot of users will appreciate it as it often makes the site load faster. So even if you do not use the chat, the premium membership may be something you are looking for.

The Chat Room

This is a hot button topic and I understand that. I am still working with our chat provider to get the old chat working with this new software. Our situation is unique as we only allow premium and elite members into the chat. Special coding is needed and I have been told that it would be worked on this week. That does not mean that it will be available this week, or anytime soon, but at least they are working on it. The goal is. and has always been, to return the chat to the way it was. Those of you that still have the link to it will see that it is still there just waiting for the integration code.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for sticking with me through this software update. I know that there have been a few major changes over the past 8 months or so and each change required you to relearn the site. The good news is that version of the site will be around for a few years until the next big software update. I am happy with this update and most of the feedback I have received has been positive.

We are the best site out there for our profession and all of the thanks goes out to you, the member. Without you, this place would not be a thriving city, but an abandoned village.

Thanks again,

Admin

I know that there have been a few major changes over the past 8 months or so and each change required you to relearn the site. The good news is that version of the site will be around for a few years until the next big software update. I am happy with this update and most of the feedback I have received has been positive.

We are the best site out there for our profession and all of the thanks goes out to you, the member. Without you, this place would not be a thriving city, but an abandoned village.

Thanks again,

Admin

Until the next new thing comes around. You're just like a kid in a candy store! :D

Love you Admin!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All in all admin, despite the "who moved my cheese" whining (cause we're EMS - that's what we do) the upgrade is a huge improvement. I was a systems consultant in a previous life, and I know how much hard work this has taken. The inevitable hitches are minor in relation to the scope of the change. Your commitment to this site and to our user community, although often thankless, is much appreciated.

Thank You!

119696673_441dbc8739.jpg?v=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.