Volunteering at a EMS company

Erick

Hi..does anybody know of a website, where I can find volunteer jobs at EMS companies?, it's hard as it is finding a job, but I need experience and I think volunteering is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to volunteering in an ED/ER, what kinds of experience could an aspiring EMT hope to gain in that kind of setting? Or more to the point, how involved will they actually let you get on a volunteer basis? I'm currently an EMT-B in paramedic school and I have had trouble finding a job also. That's why I decided to go back to school and further my credentials. So I guess what I'm really asking is, would you recommend doing the vol. work in an ED/ER or on a truck somewhere? Thanks.

I'm yet to sight any literature referring to volunteering in the emergency department on this thread but I can think of many positive outcomes one could achieve from emergency experience. The emergency department is a very dynamic, fast paced work environment, your constantly exposed to different presentations, there are very well educated people who will supervise you. If you spent a day in the ED, your willing to learn and display enthusiasm then I highly doubt you would walk away without learning something or gaining a new skill. My advice, if your ever offered a chance to volunteer or work in ED – take it up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.