Is picture of person with job equipment good reason to fire someone?

spenac

Fire them?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Fire them?

• Yes
    • No
    • No harm no foul
    • What unprofessional crap

I disagree. Still unprofessional. There are other ways to raise money w/o being unprofessional.

Send me your photo and I'll see if there's a spot for you on the 2011 calendar. There are a couple of departments that cater to a "more mature crowd". It is actually a good seller at Wednesday Bingo.

Send me your photo and I'll see if there's a spot for you on the 2011 calendar. There are a couple of departments that cater to a "more mature crowd". It is actually a good seller at Wednesday Bingo.

:o Darn perverted old people. ;)

Very unprofessional indeed. The weapon is not "cleared" from what I can see. The magazine is in, but unlcear if it was cocked. Regardless of that, it's still unprofessional. As Wendy already stated about department rules and what not, no need to repeat what she said.

Sure, it might be fun to do things like that, guys will do almost anything to get attention from women. Even if that means using your "job" or "uniform" to get them pay attention to you. Having a female pose for a picture isn't all that bad. Having them holding what appears to be a loaded assault rifle sitting on the hood of a police car half naked (even though she does look good) is unprofessional. If you went to take pictures like that, get it cleared with the department and proper channels and do it the right way.

As for this happening with EMS stuff, same goes. It's putting out a bad "image" for the department or whomever you are working for.

It's only unprofessional, because it's not hawt female firefighters.. Who wants to see a bunch of bulgy, sweaty firemen..

They can't make an EMS calendar like that, can't find 12 super model looking people that work in EMS.

Pictures like this should be kept in your own personal collection, this isn't something you post online, its something you share with close friends for laughs over a few beers.

Whether or not the waitress should have been handling the weapon in general, should be based on whether or not she has any experience with that type of weapon. If she had been advised in weapon/gun safety, and was simply taking a picture for the local officers what's the harm? (Again I said this is to be kept in your personal collection not to be broadcasted.)

I've taken pictures with people by the ambulance, or given kids tours/showed them some things while I was sitting posted. If one was a hot woman better for me, but you wont see any of that posted on a website, and I certainly didn't take the picture. What's the big deal ?

Edited by tskstorm

They did not post this online. They were taking the picture in the parking lot of a restaurant and a citizen called 911. The local cops came and confiscated these deputy's equipment. The deputy's were supposed to be on a training program and went to the restaurant. Took picture with service camera, girl is holding a service issued firearm, sitting on a service issued car.

So, it's okay to do this, just make sure there are no witnesses. They should have shot the person calling 9-1-1.. Afterall, 9-1-1 is for emergencies, and this, clearly isn't an emergency. :P

It's only unprofessional, because it's not hawt female firefighters.. Who wants to see a bunch of bulgy, sweaty firemen..

They can't make an EMS calendar like that, can't find 12 super model looking people that work in EMS.

I can think of at least 5 gorgeous women I know personally that work in EMS.

Pictures like this should be kept in your own personal collection, this isn't something you post online, its something you share with close friends for laughs over a few beers.

Whether or not the waitress should have been handling the weapon in general, should be based on whether or not she has any experience with that type of weapon. If she had been advised in weapon/gun safety, and was simply taking a picture for the local officers what's the harm? (Again I said this is to be kept in your personal collection not to be broadcasted.)

I've taken pictures with people by the ambulance, or given kids tours/showed them some things while I was sitting posted. If one was a hot woman better for me, but you wont see any of that posted on a website, and I certainly didn't take the picture. What's the big deal ?

Are these people playing with the drugs and sharps? No, I bet they aren't.