Help with a problem for Motorola HT 1000

medic743

Hey all.

I have a Motorola HT 1000 that I am having a problem with. My problem is that on every channel I don't hear every word. I get every other word or syllable. So I guess this means I have a pause in the receiving of transmissions.

Does anyone know what this means, or how to fix it.

Thanks.

Rob W.

First cap locks on left side of keyboard. Thanks.

Second is it still under warranty? Did you program it yourself or pay someone? Whoever programmed may have failed to make some setting correct. But it also could be a problem with radio itself.

It almost sounds like the radio is set to scan the other channels. We use Vertex Standard radios and I know that if you monitor a channel and scan the rest the transmission will be choppy due to the continuous scan.

It almost sounds like the radio is set to scan the other channels.... I know that if you monitor a channel and scan the rest the transmission will be choppy due to the continuous scan.

When I forget to deactivate the scan feature on my 20 year old Bendix/King, it does that. See if there is a manual scan function activation switch, and turn it off. Perhaps that is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. You either have it set on a priority scan, or the squelch is set to high. The priority scan can be turned off on the keypad somehow. Depends on how your programmer set the radio up. The squelch would have to be changed with the programming.