Home Remedies homework assignment

Lone Star

For Jellyfish stings (not the Portuguese Man-O-War variety at least, as those can be first time exposure fatal), Vodka might not be ON the injury to cause easing of the pain, but IN the patient, so they temporarily don't care.

While I am in a coastal beachfront area that usually gets the so-called "Lion's Mane" variety Jellyfish (local name, I don't know if that is the Marine Biologist's name for them), I keep hearing of putting (brand name specific) Adolph's Meat Tenderizer on the exposed areas of skin.

While I have had the stings myself, I never had the meat tenderizer treatment done to me. I'll keep the tenderizer for my steaks and burgers.

While on the subject of stuff used for other than original intended purpose, Avon brand "Skin So Soft" lotion is supposedly also used as a preventative to mosquito stings.

For the tenderizer or lotion, anyone have any success stories to relate?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While there's been quite a few 'home remedies' listed, we seem to have gotten away from the 'key part' of the assignment....with harmful or lethal consequences.

The 'ear candling' seems to be one of the very few that has follwed the request.

To show that I've actually done some searching, I've come up with the following ....

50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water used for:

clearing sinuses (spray into the nose and hold for 10 minutes)

use same mixture instead of feminine hygene products

a capful of hydrogen peroxide to ease toothache pain

Drinking colloidal silver to enhance immune system...

Eating 'white radishes' as a 'cure' for Hepatitus B....

Ingesting tapeworm larvae as a 'diet plan'

Belladonna (nightshade) to 'cure' the common cold, earache, fever, arthritis, menstrual cramps, diverticulitis, muscle pain, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, and a number of other 'ailments'.

For those that don't know, the drug Atropine is derived from Belladonna, and in its 'pure form' is deadly.......

Ingesting kerosine for whooping cough.....