We can call this a circle handshake

albq-nm

Heylo everybody. I just wanted to make my presence known here. I've been reading the topics for awhile now. I am in the middle of the transition as to where I'll be giving up my retail job and entering a more career oriented field. Having gained my basic license I intend to pursue further in the medical field. I have found that most of you are very helpful in giving opinions,pearls of wisdom and other thoughtful venues. As progress is made in this field I couldn't help but wonder which route to take as to moving to a city onto the coast. Cost of living versuses payrate. Truthfully I'd like to go back to the Seattle (King County)area. I know with due research I could find these answers on my own. But if there is any insight that can be given that web sites don't give. Such as which is the more respected company to work for? And such.

First of welcome to the city. There is as you have already noticed a great wealth of knowledge from around the world.

As far as looking for a job Ive heard all to often the best company to work for (career wise) is not the one whos always hiring. Of course however you have to start somewhere. But for that big career, its one you have to look for.

Im particularly drawn to Acaidian Ambulance. They are based in Louisiana and have began setting up shop in some other southern states. They are a commercial service but seem to be very reputable. As far as what you can do for them... everything from ground transport to fixed wing (plane) and rotary wing (helicopter) transport. You can even be a paramedic on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Depending on what you want they hire everything from dispatchers to RNs. As far as reputation among employees, its the ONLY company I have never heard a negative about Acaidian from people that work there or have worked there... and I have spoke to quite a few. I have never spoken to employees of any other given company without hearing at least one bad thing.

Best of luck.

~Chris

• Like 1

'Christopher.Collins'

First of welcome to the city. There is as you have already noticed a great wealth of knowledge from around the world.

And conjecture, opinions, verbal abuse, jokes, then those rabid roo eating auzzies, crazy frozen ass canuks and kiwis (no its not a fruit) and the list of the disfunctional goes on and on, Germans and Israeli, SA and some playing in a "the sandbox"

I'm particularly drawn to Acadian Ambulance. <snip>~

Chris are you recruiting ? don't forget a LEAR Jet based out of Lafayette, don't expect to just jump on that without a ton of education and experience, btw they treated me well during my short visit, even though I could not speak "cajun" and good god if you like all your food burning your face off thats the place to go, they put Louisiana hot sauce on EVERYTHING !

Thing is I do not believe they operate in the Seattle area, one has to love the North West Coast of the US... but bring rain gear.

location location location.

cheers

Thank-you all for your warm welcome. Would elbow taps in trauma work? Or do we just bow at one and another? With all the wealth of knowledge from around the world I thought of another question that's been in the back of my mind. To say get a temporary workers visa in say New Zealand would the NREMT license be sufficient or are there additional tests to go along with that? Not to mention interviewing procedures to minimize liability. Thank-you for the welcome wagon and thank you in advance for any input on my inquiry.

As a basic you probably could not work any where else but the USA. It seems even third world country's require more education than the USA requires for even Paramedics.

As to the USA if you want to do more than drive you really need to immediately go get your Paramedic.

To say get a temporary workers visa in say New Zealand would the NREMT license be sufficient or are there additional tests to go along with that?

Work Visa as an US EMT ... not a hope ... best use the search engine on reciprocity, and don't be all hurt by that, its an entirely different ugly little bird there.

cheers and I am now I am headed for a bunker

Quoting the new improved Spleen ee ak.

As a basic you probably could not work any where else but the USA. It seems even third world country's require more education than the USA requires for even Paramedics.

Bit harsh there are we ?

Nah I have worked a few ... ahem "developing nations" if there is English books available then usually US EMT-B is taught, hell even those backward Canadians have read a few.

Edited by tniuqs

Dang ... and here I thought I read "We can call this a circle j8rk"

So English Lit was maybe NOT my best subject? B)

cheers

remember thats front to back .. pages that is ... te he.

Edited by tniuqs

Dang ... and here I thought I read "We can call this a circle j8rk"

Yeah, when you first see this thread in the forum index, it cuts off after the word "hand", so I was expecting something equally inappropriate. :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.