Random Practical Test Related Questions

Okay, so as of right now I'm only a first responder (but otherwise I wouldn't be asking about the EMT test), and I have a few question about specific parts of the EMT-B pratcical tests.

1. When EXACTLY during a trauma assessment do you verbalize loading a load and go patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)? (SEE NOTE)

2. When EXACTLY during a trauma assessment do you verbalize loading a non-critical patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)?

3. When EXACTLY during a medical assessment do you verbalize loading a load and go patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)?

4. When EXACTLY during a medical assessment do you verbalize loading a non-critical patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)?

5. Can a basic take PHTLS or AMLS or even ACLS?

Any advice would be great. I've asked my instructor, but they dont seem to understand what i'm asking.

(NOTE: for the load and go trauma assessment, do you transport right after the rapid assessment or after the rapid assessment, as well as vitals and SAMPLE)

The way we learned it was A(airway), B(breathing), C(circulation), D(decide transport), E(expose). If it's a load and go, you do your rapid trauma/medical and get them in the truck. Find out if they will let you get a bystander SAMPLE/OPQRST while you're packaging the patient, if the patient is unconscious. That's how I've always done it. Vitals are always done in the truck on a load and go, whether medical or trauma. For stay and play, you can get SAMPLE/OPQRST and baseline vitals on scene as well as administering meds like epi-pen, oral glucose, first nitro, and first MDI. Then load and reassess for effect. Do they let you have the NREMT practice sheets? If so, read them several times. Including(especially!) the critical fails at the bottom of the sheet. You can lose a couple points but if you miss a critical fail you fail, even if everything else is perfect. From what I understand, the other certs are specific to your state and/or agency, but I could be wrong. BTW, what state are you in? It might help get more specific info from people in your area.

Edited by Jeepluv77

Did the other website you posted on not answer all your same questions or did you not trust those who responded to you?

Oh he went to get a life site. What were you doing there? Should we ban you as a traitor. ;)

At least he/she has found the site with the intelligent professionals on it.

Oh he went to get a life site. What were you doing there? Should we ban you as a traitor. ;)

At least he/she has found the site with the intelligent professionals on it.

I agree...was merely making an observation as this post came after the influx of accurate answers and him thanking them on the other site. So I was wondering whether he thought those answers were wrong...

I agree...was merely making an observation as this post came after the influx of accurate answers and him thanking them on the other site. So I was wondering whether he thought those answers were wrong...

Scary. Wonder what he was thinking?

Okay, before y'all get mad at me for posting on both sites, i figure i might as well get as much info as possible from as many people as possible, that all. And i definitely agree with the info on both sites (hey, who am i to disagree with any ems professionals, I'm not even a basic yet!).

Edited by sp121988

do you transport right after the rapid assessment or after the rapid assessment

Ummmmmmm.... I choose........ darn this is a hard one.... so... many... choices... :lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.