Random Practical Test Related Questions

Verbalize load and go the moment in your assessment you realize that it is one. Don't say they can wait if they can, just go on with what you are doing. If they need to go NOW, say so. This goes for any scenario.

Yes, a basic can take PHTLS/BTLS a lot of services require it. As for more advanced course, such as ACLS, and PALS, you can take them for the knowledge, but probably won't get certified for be allowed to do any of the advanced skills. It would be mainly a course for you to get a better understanding of the procedures so you can be more familiar with the operations when/if you ever are put in the situation at work/volunteer.

Yes, a basic can take PHTLS/BTLS a lot of services require it. As for more advanced course, such as ACLS, and PALS, you can take them for the knowledge, but probably won't get certified for be allowed to do any of the advanced skills. It would be mainly a course for you to get a better understanding of the procedures so you can be more familiar with the operations when/if you ever are put in the situation at work/volunteer.

Also make sure that your state allows you to take those classes and count them toward con-ed. I work in two states... one allows just about any class you take to be counted as con-ed... the other does not allow anything that is above your current level. For example, if you are a basic and take an ACLS class because you are interested, the state would not allow you to count it toward con-ed because it is not apllicable to your current license. Stupid... but true.

• 1 month later...

Okay, so as of right now I'm only a first responder (but otherwise I wouldn't be asking about the EMT test), and I have a few question about specific parts of the EMT-B pratcical tests.

1. When EXACTLY during a trauma assessment do you verbalize loading a load and go patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)? (SEE NOTE)

2. When EXACTLY during a trauma assessment do you verbalize loading a non-critical patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)?

3. When EXACTLY during a medical assessment do you verbalize loading a load and go patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)?

4. When EXACTLY during a medical assessment do you verbalize loading a non-critical patient into the ambulance and departing the scene (acording to the NREMT/state)?

5. Can a basic take PHTLS or AMLS or even ACLS?

Any advice would be great. I've asked my instructor, but they dont seem to understand what i'm asking.

(NOTE: for the load and go trauma assessment, do you transport right after the rapid assessment or after the rapid assessment, as well as vitals and SAMPLE)

Did you get the answer to your question clarified? I dont want to confuse you if you have it figured out. also, Im not sure where you are at in your emt-b training, but have you already completed the test at this point?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.