Public Housing success stories

HERBIE1

As a Native American I have no say. The Africans, Mexicans, Spaniards, British, etc have slaughtered us and locked us up on small reservations and we live in poverty. So you all owe me. You may send your guilt money to, HOW STUPID CAN I BE @ idiot dot com. :o

spenac,

I hope you at least were able to get your Paramedic education paid for through the grants and scholarships that are set up for Native Americans. I know students striving to be nurses and other healthcare professionals have qualified for a large part of their tuition to be paid for.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spenac,

I hope you at least were able to get your Paramedic education paid for through the grants and scholarships that are set up for Native Americans. I know students striving to be nurses and other healthcare professionals have qualified for a large part of their tuition to be paid for.

Nope paid out of my own hard earned cash. I have never used my heritage to blame or benefit. It pisses me off when people blame there situation on the mistreatment of generations past.

Nope paid out of my own hard earned cash. I have never used my heritage to blame or benefit. It pisses me off when people blame there situation on the mistreatment of generations past.

Shh. Don't say that, it might be considered offensive.

As for people in any neighborhood, the unfortunate thing is, no matter how nice, or hardworking the locals are, let one negative thing happen in the neighborhood, and everyone residing there gets "labeled" as being as bad as whatever that negative incident happened to be.

Very true. I've encountered many people in public housing who were actively trying to change their situation and make something better for their kids. I recall one family who's tiny apartment was immaculate, and nearly every wall had bookshelves loaded with all types of literature, text books, SAT/ACT prep manuals- (the kids were in jr high). Unfortunately, these folks were the exception rather than the rule.