Cranky Ole' Dust

WolfmanHarris

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't always agree with Dust, I would never question his altruism with regards to the betterment of EMS. He kind of reminds me of the ventriloquist Jeff Dunham's character "Walter". He is outspoken, sometimes abrasive, and right about so many things. Dust isn't always easy to post back and forth with, but he almost always elicits great debate.

Another concept to consider is taking discussion personally. I find many people take what is written on a public forum personally. As Dust has stated on many occasions, "this is nothing personal, it's all about advancing the profession." However, many people take these topic to heart, especially the EMS provider levels and educational aspects of the discussion.

People may actually learn and possibly change their practice if they separate their personal feelings from a discussion at hand. A prime example is when Dust argues against having the EMT-B level provider provide pre-hospital care. Many people interpret this to mean that Dust personally does not have any use for the specific person. Again, nothing against the person; however, the level of training is the issue. If people could separate these concepts, less feelings would be hurt.

Take care,

chbare.

I've always pictured Dust as a kind of Evil Santa Clause... always double checking the naughty list and leaving three times the amount of required coal.

And BTW... anyone that takes these forums seriously (i.e. personally) needs a vacation from the keyboard... and possibly some trazadone.

What am I getting for Christmas this year Santa Dust? ;)

And BTW... anyone that takes these forums seriously (i.e. personally) needs a vacation from the keyboard... and possibly some trazadone.

Agreed. Back when Crotchity first joined the forums and him and I weren't getting along, one of the threads got quite heated and I suddenly found myself dwelling on it while I was doing other things. That was clue one to give my head a shake and do something else for a couple of days.

Agreed. Back when Crotchity first joined the forums and him and I weren't getting along, one of the threads got quite heated and I suddenly found myself dwelling on it while I was doing other things. That was clue one to give my head a shake and do something else for a couple of days.

Heck, I practically took all of '08 off... so I know what you mean.

While I don't always agree with Dust, I would never question his altruism with regards to the betterment of EMS. He kind of reminds me of the ventriloquist Jeff Dunham's character "Walter". He is outspoken, sometimes abrasive, and right about so many things. Dust isn't always easy to post back and forth with, but he almost always elicits great debate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.