A cool gift idea

Chrisemtff

Greetings everyone,

I thought I would take a moment and share the recent gift I picked up for a Parmedic student that interned with me for his last 240 hours of his final check off. The guy is just a good person and I am honored to call him a friend now. I have been thinking about what to get him. I came across this website that makes hand-made wooden pens. As I looked at the site, I found a pen that delt with firefighting but none for EMS. I contacted the owner via email and explained how cool it would be to make a similar pen but with a Star of Life and Paramedic on it. Well, it took him no longer than 2 hours to give me ideas that I thouhgt would look good. After selecting the design, he created the pen and had it shipped the next morning! Now, that is what I call customer service. Below are links to the pen a you look at the craftmanship up close in the other pics on the site. I received the pen this morning and I am very impressed. He will even personalize with a name on the lower half. I suggested that he created one for EMT's as well and he finished that one this morning.

Paramedic Pen

EMT Pen

I normally don't advertise people's wares, but this guy was so great working with me to produce a new product that I just had to spread the word.

Chris

How about a $60 pen.. for someone.. in EMS? You wouldn't take it to work, or even the office; but it would be a crafty knickknack to have at home. If you want to spend that much, on a pen. But then again, some people really like nice pens. One of my hobbies is Calligraphy, a nice wood handled dip pen would be a nice gift in my eyes; I dunno about a ball point pen. In fact, I just ordered something off that site for my grandfather for father's day.

Edited by 4c6

A $60 pen in EMS? There is a reason why we all carry bic pens you get in packs of 100 :P

While nice for the longhand writers amongst us for the $60. pen, the reference to the 100 packs of BICs is for those patients who sign for the HIPAA receipt with bloody hands, due to whatever the injury they have (or inflicted). They just got a free pen that, due to the blood, you don't want back, anyway.

Yeah, I'd carry it on duty, but I'd carry a pack of dollar store pens to let others use. I'm a pen fanatic. Do you know, btw, if the nib or ink or anything can be customized? It's gotta write smooth, you know. And not bleed through, say, a pcr.

Cool idea for a special student, spouse, friend, or a partner. I certainly wouldn't use it at work- been known to lose a few pens.

Personally, I now prefer using the Gel-type pens because I like the way they write, and since we use a lap top for our PCR's I don't need to worry about bearing down to make 6 copies of the report. The smoothness and flow of the ink is like an expensive Cross pen, at a fraction of the cost.