Kudos to this site for the

I've been a member here for years, lurked occasionally, but never posted until recently. I am impressed by the breadth of talent, the far flung locations people hail from, and the range of education, ages, and provider levels. We have everything from volunteers to MD's here and everyone brings something different and valuable to the table.

I like the idea of getting unique perspectives on problems many of us face. I think too often we get wrapped up in our own little worlds and fail to see the commonalities of what we do. Are there differences in how we operate, how we provide care, and the trials we face- absolutely, but it seems most here are generally fixed on helping each other and the people we respond to for care.

Here's a hearty golf clap for the site admins and all those who make this place happen.

I like the idea of getting unique perspectives on problems many of us face. I think too often we get wrapped up in our own little worlds and fail to see the commonalities of what we do.

Well put. There is a real problem with myopia in EMS. Unlike other medical fields, people in EMS tend to remain very isolated and ignorant of the bigger picture. You don't see prospective EMTs looking at schools across the state or across the nation to choose the best education they can find. They all just find the closest, cheapest, or fastest school in their area, then move on to find work in their immediate community. It's quite incestuous, and results in a seriously defective gene pool in EMS. It used to be that only those who attended nationwide educational conferences were able to see the bigger picture and broaden the perspective of their local operations. But today, there is really no excuse for any provider or provider organisation remaining rigidly married to "the way we've always done it" without any consideration for the state of the art. And any provider that is not regularly availing themselves to the benefits that online networking has to offer is simply a provider that I would not be interested in hiring. Kudos to all who participate here for making a commitment above and beyond the vast majority of your peers.

I agree, great post.

But, in the interest of improving us all, What "important information" was released?

We're all better off with accurate post headings so we can focus in on those things that interest us, or that we believe we have something to contribute to.

Thanks for posting and contributing to the site!

Dwayne

Hmmm... I didn't think of it that way. I took the thread title to mean that important information was shared in this community. I didn't take it to mean that he intended to share important information in this thread. In retrospect, I can see how someone might have taken it that way, but I'm sure it wasn't intentionally misleading.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.