Accident or Suicide?

This link was posted to me by a friend on MSN, honestly it will make you think about patients at MVC's.

There is some swearing in the video so be aware where you play it.

Scotty

Swedish Suicide Teens

There us more to the story - much more to it. One of them, Sabina Eriksson, has since been charged with the murder of 54-year-old Glen Hollinshead by stabbing him in the chest - after which the suicide fairy visited her again and told her to jump off a bridge. She was again unsuccessful, but managed to fracture both of her ankles.

I believe the trial is still ongoing, as google doesn't bring up much more info, and this is about as detailed as I can find.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7cf_1230553719

Edited by scott33

The policewoman says the girl "twatted" her.

Uhhh... I'm guessing that means something different in the UK? :huh:

I was impressed to see both the officers immediately apply the rescue blankets to prevent hypothermia. That's probably something a lot of first responders would not immediately think to do. I thought they handled things pretty well. In retrospect, perhaps it would have been better to keep the girl in the red from getting up the second time, and pin her to the ground before she got out of contact. The way she ended up fighting, though, it may not have lasted long.

As soon as she got into a fighting stance, a taser would have been nice to have. I appreciate the officer's hesitation to use force (she mentions batons) on someone so recently injured, but as soon as you're up and fighting, I don't care how "injured" you are; we're going to end the fight. That's a difficult mental transition to make in the face of the rapidly evolving situation with little info, especially after witnessing her get hit by a car.

'zilla

The policewoman says the girl "twatted" her.

Uhhh... I'm guessing that means something different in the UK? :huh:

Apart from the reference to the obvious, it also usually means to strike with considerable force (typically punched around the face or head). Weapons can also be used to twat someone, and a baton or a bottle over the head is a good example of this. The element of surprise is also key.

Maybe a peg to the head w/ a baton while in the attempt to run into traffic would have been better than getting slammed by a car. While suicide may not be illegal per se, running into traffic is endangering other lives. So, a swift twat (I'm gonna start using that word) on the head may not have hurt too badly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.