Non NREMT states

NORTH CAROLINA DOES NOT REQUIRE THE NATIONAL REGISTRY FOR PARAMEDICS OR EMT'S. SOUTH CAROLINA DOES FOR THE PARAMEDIC LEVEL BUT NOT FOR EMT'S. :)

It's required in california now but i'ts a waste of time because california still has a state exam and there's alot of stuff they go over and make you test on that you cant even practice here.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MD requires it for Paramedic, an teahces the the NREMT-I-99 standard, and im pretty sure they require NREMT-I-99 to get the MD CRT cert, unless you are grandfathered in before i 99 took effect.

a buddy of mine just took the I-99 test, thru MD.

NYS was rumored to be going to NR but as of yet they have not, i think it is back on hold.

If you are coming out of county the easiest way I've found is to roll up to the good ole' great liberal nation of Texas. You need to go to a Texas approved Paramedic school and ask them about cross-credit/transfer credit; I looked at Brookhaven in Dallas and I think they have a requirement you sit at least one class through them (could probably make do with pre-english 101 or ACLS) and all the rest can be cross-credited (potentially) but this was a while ago so call them and ask. Whichever school you had agree to transfer credit would then issue you a qualification from their institution so you could sit National Registry.

It's required in california now but i'ts a waste of time because california still has a state exam and there's alot of stuff they go over and make you test on that you cant even practice here.

Really? Is that only if you are previously licensed in another state. I took NR and had no CA state test, just an assload of forms and fees.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.