NBC Announces 09-10 Line-up: See "Trauma"

So it sounds like there will be another Paramedic show on the air to make us all cringe and groan. (Remember "Saved")

NBC Announces

TRAUMA

Executive producer Peter Berg (NBC's "Friday Night Lights") delivers "Trauma," the first high-octane medical drama series to live exclusively in the field where the real action is. Like an adrenaline shot to the heart, "Trauma" is an intense, action-packed look at one of the most dangerous medical professions in the world: first responder paramedics. When emergencies occur, the trauma team from San Francisco General is first on the scene, traveling by land, by sea or by air to reach their victims in time. From the heights of the city's Transamerica Pyramid to the depths of the San Francisco Bay, these heroes must face the most extreme conditions to save lives -- and give meaning to their own existence in the process. Starring in "Trauma" are Derek Luke ("Notorious"), Cliff Curtis ("10,000 B.C"), Anastasia Griffith ("Damages"), Aimee Garcia ("George Lopez"), Kevin Rankin ("Friday Night Lights") and Jamey Sheridan ("Law & Order: Criminal Intent"). "Trauma" is a production of Universal Media Studios and Film 44. Berg, Sarah Aubrey ("Bad Santa," "Friday Night Lights"), Dario Scardapane and Jeffrey Reiner ("Friday Night Lights") serve as executive producers. The pilot was written by Scardapane and directed by Reiner.

However, like "The Guard" on Canadian TV I'll probably watch it, and give it a chance, hoping that it might actually be enjoyable and accurate.

When they make these shows I think they should hire a Paramedic consultant that has been on the streets and knows what the hell is going on.

Maybe someone will do a flight medic based show.... ;)

I will give the show a try. Like every other show on TV about firefighting, EMS, police (drama shows not the reality stuff) is just that DRAMA. They are shows made for the general public that glorify these professions and are more often that not, grossly inaccurate in everything from proper medications to procedures and even the lead placements. These shows have to be made to keep the public interested with lots of action and the ooohs and ahhhhs.

Let's just hope this show is better than "Saved". I made it about 5 mins into that show before I turned it off. I would have been more likely to watch a pile of shit on my TV than that show.

I will give the show a try. Like every other show on TV about firefighting, EMS, police (drama shows not the reality stuff) is just that DRAMA. They are shows made for the general public that glorify these professions and are more often that not, grossly inaccurate in everything from proper medications to procedures and even the lead placements. These shows have to be made to keep the public interested with lots of action and the ooohs and ahhhhs.

Let's just hope this show is better than "Saved". I made it about 5 mins into that show before I turned it off. I would have been more likely to watch a pile of shit on my TV than that show.

True EMS isn't exciting, ninety-percent of the time its mundane and thoroughly uninteresting, at least to the general public.

Still they continue to produce shows that try to depict EMS, when in all honesty if a show was able to in reality get it right, 80% of the population wouldn't watch more the 10 minutes of it.

Grandma fell down, tripped over the dog or had a syncopal episode. Not exciting.

Grampa is pissing blood for two days. Not exciting.

Bubba had to much to drink and took a header down the stairs. Not exciting.

Fiery wreck with entrapment and ejection. Exciting(to watch at least) Happens about once every 6 months maybe.

If the actors in these shows Third Watch and Saved were true EMS providers they would have burnt out in a year.

True EMS isn't exciting, ninety-percent of the time its mundane and thoroughly uninteresting, at least to the general public.

Still they continue to produce shows that try to depict EMS, when in all honesty if a show was able to in reality get it right, 80% of the population wouldn't watch more the 10 minutes of it.

Grandma fell down, tripped over the dog or had a syncopal episode. Not exciting.

Grampa is pissing blood for two days. Not exciting.

Bubba had to much to drink and took a header down the stairs. Not exciting.

Fiery wreck with entrapment and ejection. Exciting(to watch at least) Happens about once every 6 months maybe.

If the actors in these shows Third Watch and Saved were true EMS providers they would have burnt out in a year.

Well said. It's true. True EMS is boring to the general public. I don't do this to get a cheap thrill. I enjoy doing what I do because I enjoy it and helping people. Also I enjoy the challenge on myself.

Now, I am sure if they truly depicted EMS from station living to response to treatment to BS'ing at the hospital. All the silly things we do and how we blow off steam, that might be pretty interesting :)

Well said. It's true. True EMS is boring to the general public. I don't do this to get a cheap thrill. I enjoy doing what I do because I enjoy it and helping people. Also I enjoy the challenge on myself.

Now, I am sure if they truly depicted EMS from station living to response to treatment to BS'ing at the hospital. All the silly things we do and how we blow off steam, that might be pretty interesting :)

I agree, thats some of the most interesting stuff going on.

Now I think it would be a better soap opera, less of the blood guts which would be accurate and more of the cheating, backstabbing, whining, complaining and trying to get over on each other that actually goes on.

I agree, thats some of the most interesting stuff going on.

Now I think it would be a better soap opera, less of the blood guts which would be accurate and more of the cheating, backstabbing, whining, complaining and trying to get over on each other that actually goes on.

GRAMMY HERE I COME! or whatever award they give to tv shows

They basing an EMS drama on San Fransisco Fire. I sure as shit hope it's not accurate.

However, since there is a dispute between the city of San Francisco and the NBC executives (SF Chronicle 5/5/09), this show will probably be shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The one scene they did film in the area during this past March was a tanker fire on the interstate similar to the one that occured about 2 years ago. While the driver of the tanker was injured with burns, he managed to catch a taxi to the hospital before FFs could find him. Now that was a good story from the taxi driver's perspective.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.